Studying Abroad - Financial Question

Hi all,

Planning on doing a degree in the US later this year. I'm trying not to ask the college this question for now as there is already a lot of back and forth and I don't want to throw a spanner in the works.

With the way the currency market is behaving right now it's going to cost, at a minimum an additional £600 and I can only imagine it getting worse.

Are international institutions normally flexible when it comes to tuition?

This college charges per credit rather than per semester but with the value of the dollar against the pound dropping by the day this is starting to get more and more expensive....

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I doubt if they'll make any exceptions, why should they, their pricing is in USD and it's your choice to fund that from another currency. Would you expect them to increase their prices if the exchange rate goes in your favour?
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,244
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    US universities are famous for being ruthless, and ensuring that they are paid what is due.

May I ask why you are spending so much money for this, given that at undergraduate level most US universities have considerably lower standards than their counterparts in the UK and most of Europe? On a vfm basis you would do far better going somewhere like the Free University of Berlin, or Science Po in Paris, or the VU in Amsterdam, or...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure