Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    :I'm going to try this

http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/bbq-pulled-pork.aspx

when I run out of what's in my freezer.
    My SC only has low and high settings. Anyone know which I should use?

That's the recipe I use. I cook it for about 8 hours on low in my SC as I've only got high and low as well.

Out with a friend tomorrow for coffee and then lunch. Will report back later.

Hope you enjoyed meeting up with your friend and had a good lunch which wasn't too synful!

WI for me this morning but not expecting a loss - with a bit of luck and a fair wind I might have reined in enough for a STS but not holding my breath:rotfl:

Enjoyed my EESP day yesterday but couldn't do it too often - think that was only my 2nd time of doing it!

Back to EE today:

B - fruit after WI
    L - LO mediterrean veg from last night
    D - savoury mince with lentils, mash & veg - not sure which yet but will try for Speed ones! Suspect one will be brussels as they are DH's favourite veg.

Will pop back later with result from WI!

Denise
  • jockosjungle
    jockosjungle Posts: 759 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    -3.5lbs off for me please Shala!

Had a pretty good week but not sure why it was so high, I think the scales were playing up again as everyone had a good loss.
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good result Jock/
    Slimming World at target
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for all the Birthday wishes! There was no cake lol

Laurie - I'm so jealous of you going to Balmoral show, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Mrs Ryan - Change your group, your paying for it so suit yourself if your not getting what you need from that one change.

Was altogether a very strange birthday. Ended up seeing the surgeon last night so I'm good to go for a cancellation. Wasn't overly fussed on any of it and I guess they go through the worst case scenarios and risks etc to cover themselves but my poor mum was sitting crying. They keep going back to my bowel throwing that into the mix and saying that they won't be certain that its all to do with the gall bladder until its out and I see if all the pains have gone! Sucks, my poor mum was sitting crying. My Dad had Bowel Cancer so it can be a little scary for her and I guess no mother likes to see their daughter unwell even if she is 36 lol! Anyway I'm being positive and hoping that they get a good look at everything when they are in and everything is ok. I'm nervous and a lot of it seems surreal. There will be better times ahead :)

A man in my works partner died last night, she was 32 from Cervical Cancer leaving 2 young children. :(:(:(

Guess we all have to make the best of our lives and enjoy what we have and the people in them for however long we have it.

Hanert hope you are ok and your son is doing is doing a bit better today
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I bought myself a nice new notebook yesterday for recording all of my food in:D and a nice new duvet set for my bed with pugs on it :rotfl:I feel if I am going to be recuperating then I need to be doing it in nice bedding to cheer myself up!

He told me I will need to take between 2 to 6 weeks off work and he isn't certain that I will be able to have keyhole as its inflamed and the stone is so big : ( but he won't know until he goes in. So yes I want a nice bed lol
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    lantanna wrote: »
    Thanks for all the Birthday wishes

Guess we all have to make the best of our lives and enjoy what we have and the people in them for however long we have it.

Hanert hope you are ok and your son is doing is doing a bit better today

Lovely positive post Lantanna, hugs for you and your poor Mum.
    So pleased this is now being sorted for you.
    Slimming World at target
  • charlie-chan
    charlie-chan Posts: 666 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    :Tlauri, good loss.

So did I but I think it may be the one that's now got a new recipe that's 12 syns!:o

I'm going to try this

http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/bbq-pulled-pork.aspx

when I run out of what's in my freezer.
    My SC only has low and high settings. Anyone know which I should use?

Good to see you back posting MrsR. You have been missed:). I think you've done really well to only be a pound off target after being off plan. Since I've been at target I only go to group every 3-4 weeks, mainly to keep access to the website. You can go to any group you like as your weight is logged on the central system. Sounds like your consultant has never heard of holidays or even ill health. Of course regular WI is a good idea but not compulsory.

Out with a friend tomorrow for coffee and then lunch. Will report back later.

I have looked on the website for "Tesco Pork Shoulder in BBQ Sauce, frozen 500g pack ( per 100g)" and it is now 2.5 syns :(. How rubbish!
    Competition Wins:

Glee Goodie Bag!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,266 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    lantanna~~positive positive vibes your way.
    Hope it is as soon as possible & all goes well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    afternoon all; just a quick on. Food wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination this week but I have managed to lose 1lb. First time I've had proper consecutive losses in a while!

Just 15lb to go until I'm back at pre-baby target :) Giving myself a target of having shifted it all/as much as possible by my birthday as wonder bairn's Christening is looking set to be the next day and if everything goes ok with the mortgage application we may be in our new place by then!

Things aren't fantastic at work again hence the general absenteeism but I can assure you all I'm still plodding along trying :) Especially proud that I am managing to keep the veg content of evening meals up as that's not always easy depending on what's on the menu!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good you see you are getting sorted Lantanna. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer. We mums do worry about our children - I still worry about mine the youngest is nearly 40, LOL!

Well it seems like there was a lot of luck and a very fair wind blowing as I actually managed a loss of, wait for it, a whole half pound!

As beanie would say "keep plodding" Lush. Good that you're managing to keep the veg up with your evening meals.

I did a really nice veg tray bake last night with some cod, the recipe was in the March magazine. It was called Mediterrean vegetables with cod. The only thing I'd do different next time is to use a tin of chopped tomatoes rather than a carton of passata as that made it a bit too "tomatoey" IYKWIM.

Just had some of the leftover veg reheated for my lunch and still very nice. There's probably enough left for another lunch tomorrow (unless DH wants it!)

New magazine out this week, just got mine but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'm gonna have half hour or so having a look at the recipes with my feet up and a cup of tea.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport