Sainsburys money off vouchers

Comments

• tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Sorry, forgot to add that Tesco are able to accept  the coupons because they claim the money back from Sainsburys.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • mac1611
    mac1611 Posts: 140 Forumite
    I went into my local selfscan Tescos this eve and tried to put two coupons through both internet ones. I was pounced upon by a young assistant who informed me I could only use one coupon per transaction ,this was their new policy as from last week !!. Don't know if he was being awkward or if its true anyone know if they're clamping down?
  • This sounds like one of those random events which keep us from getting complacent-least I hope so! Similar thing happened to me before Xmas so I returned a lot of stuff and went round again saving £50.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • tiff
    How did you "retune" Quiet One?
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • tiff
    Oh I see!

I always do my shop in small amounts several times a week, that way if they reject the coupons, next time round with a different check out person I will probably be ok (and get away with more coupons to compensate!!)
  • halifax
    halifax Posts: 241 Forumite
    Sainburys vouchers ALWAYS go thru the self scan tills @ Tesco's whatever you buy !!!

Every little helps...so they say.
    Watch out for Freddie the Fox at the Shay !!
  • mac1611
    mac1611 Posts: 140 Forumite
    they may go through ok but the lovely assistant last night at a a selfscan made it clear only one coupon per transaction mine went through all right but he pounced on me and opened up the voucher tray made me take the other one back .I was only trying to put two through!! lovely little guy (I think not)
  • Quiet_One
    Quiet_One Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tiff, not at all sure that your post re Tesco claiming coupon money back from Sainsbury's is correct. I was told by a checlout boy that Tesco will accept Sainsbury's vouchers because they are hell-bent on beating them to the ground!
    if i had known then what i know now
  • tiff
    No, I'm not sure either, its just what I read on here.
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I took my Sainsbury mag vouchers to Asda, for the first time ever yesterday (Isle of Dogs branch, London). I asked at customer service first if they accept the vouchers and was told "NO!"
    I asked if she could look in her policy book behind the desk and she just said even louder "NO!"
    When I asked for a manager, after telling me "Can't you see I'm busy", she said its a new policy that they no longer accept vouchers from any other store other than Tesco. It started at the beginning of Dec: because "We're losing enough money on this price match thing".................boy was I told !! :-X!!!!!
    So on the way home I popped into Tesco for some wine and thought I'd try the £8.99 BOGOF voucher, from the mag. First I asked a floor manager if they'd take it and he said "NO". Put the 2 bottles through the till at £5.19 each (same wine, special offer in Tesco this week), and the voucher scan took it! So I got the 2 bottles for £1.39! Bargain ;)
    As I am completly new to all this, it seems to me that even the stores don't know their own policies on taking coupons. I'm all for a bargain, but don't want to feel embarrased at the checkout by lack of staff knowledge about what they will and won't take. I suppose with all you "Old timers" on here teaching me, this time next year I'll go back and give the Asda customer service woman what for ;D
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure