Why is Orange so bad at letting you know your remaining minutes?

From what I gather Virgin and 3 network give you up to date information on your remaining minutes. I dont know about the others but Orange is very poor in this respect. Sometimes it is virtually two days behind.
Is this general or is my account just unlucky?

Comments

• Can't you access the information online like all the other networks?
  • Can't you access the information online like all the other networks?
    Yes but it is often two days out of date.
  • Surely some of you have good or bad experiences of this? Come on share.:)
  • amz84uk
    amz84uk Posts: 227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just switched to Orange (from 3) and find it annoying not knowing my exact remaining talktime allowance.

Don't see why it takes Orange so long to update it, as 3 were able to do it instantly. I had up-to-date records of my minutes and texts. It's probably a ploy from Orange (and other networks) to attract you into going overboard.... i.e. you believe you have 10minutes remaining in your billing period, so you make a 10minute call, but in actual fact, you had 10minutes remaining 2 days ago!!! Lol
  • dduk
    dduk Posts: 150 Forumite
    Yeah, out of the five networks -

3 is the quickest to update your remaining minutes, texts and current unbilled spend doing it almost instantly, doesn't list each call and text though.

T-mobile usually updates within an hour or two with an itemised list of calls, texts etc.

o2 and vodafone can take up to a couple of days but do list your calls and texts so you can see what is included.

Orange is the worst of all, it takes days to update, and even when it does you can't see what calls it includes.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,887 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    How do you all go over your minutes?

I am with Orange and I get 900 minutes and unlimited texts for £35 a month, even I can't go over that !
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Saeed
    Saeed Posts: 733 Forumite
    What I can't understand is how easyMobile PAYG when it was running was able to give you up to the minute useage figures but O2 and the like can't tell you how many minutes you have accurately. They seem to be able to stop PAYG customers going over their credit in the phone. How, if the billing is not up to date. Is it only contract customers whose billing is 2 days behind???
  • I have two orange mobile phone simms which I started on different days within the calandar month. Both are PAYM on a different date for only PAYGM.

Now, what tends to happen is when the minutes get below 50minutes, they put further delays in to confuse people.

Their system as quoted from support is "inaccurate" - which precisely means, don't bloody trust it.

You are best to set your timmer on your phone for a better picture how many minutes you have left.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    sometime they take a day or so other times its quicker

i find checking it dialling 150 is the most up to date info
    What goes around-comes around
  • DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I know this is an old topic but i wish orange would change it.

Dial 150, press 1, press 1, please wait, press 1 (hear minutes), press 1 (hear texts), press 1, (hear data).

Vodafone was much easier, dial 191, press 1, press 1, press 1. Hang up. And you get a text with all the details.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure