Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Comments

• smayers
    smayers Posts: 52 Forumite
    We are thinking about going to DisneyLand Paris next April - how far ahead is it worth booking to get a good deal?

Also we have 2 kids who will then be 18 months and 4 years. Will there be things for them to do there or are they too young?

ANy money saving tips on Disneyland Paris - travelling, hotels and when we get there much appreciated.

Thank-you.
  • Colcoops
    Colcoops Posts: 336 Forumite
    I suggest staying at the Disney Holiday Inn which is just outside the park and still serviced by the big pink bus which comes every 10 or 15 mins. We got a family room for about £60 per night.
  • smayers
    Thank-you for taking the time to reply :j - that sounds like great value - I will look into it.
  • edmond
    edmond Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i have always used
    https://www.france-holiday-bargains.co.uk for my trips to euro disney.
    there are always loads of offers in the first 1/4 of the year, IE for every adult a child goes free, kids stay and play for free, 3 nights for the prcie of 2, 4 nights for the price of 3. you can normally combine these offers depending on how flexiable you can be.
    would be worth giving them a call for next year.

We have always used the Santa Fe hotel, not everybodys cup of tea, there basic rooms, alot like a travel lodge with 2 double beds and bathroom.

1 tip if you need any snack bits buy from either the shop at the train station, they do nice sandwiches or at the garage at the Santa Fe hotel.
  • poe.tuesday
    poe.tuesday Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    there is loads to do for your children, it's basically set up for them, especailly fantasy land

I would recommend however that you do not take them during the school holidays if you can help it, the queues can be terrible

how are you planning to get there? if you are planning to drive then you may be best off booking the hotels and tickets direct with disney themselves and then get your travel seperate

if you are planning on going on the eurostar then your children should be free so this could make the journey cheaper

I have been loads of times, stayed int eh davy crocket, the new york, newport bay, santa fe and a hotel near the park, personally I would alwasy go for the davy crocket, it's self catering, the kids have space to run about and it works out as one of the cheapest options but you do need to drive if you are planning to stay here, I also prefer it as you cook your own food which works out far cheaper than eating out at the hotels but it's a personal choice as some people don't want to do any of the cooking when they are on their hols, the other good thing about self catering is that you can make up your picnics and eat in the parks as the food can be very expensive.

If you do plan on driving then it is about a 3 hour drive to disney from calais
  • smayers
    Thanks for the replies to both of you. Sounds like there are some bargains to be had. I think we will probably go by eurostar as the kids will love it.
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Hi, we've been twice now, i went feb when my little girl was 1.5 years, and son 5 and then again this year 4 and 7 and have to say we enjoyed both visits the same, take loads of healthy snacks as they wont get them in the parks or hotels, id recommend a bottle of squash to to make up for in the park too, as all we could get was coke so in may i took apples cereal bars etc to keep them going as dont mind spending but not on junk, youll have a brill time, there is plenty to do, and you can take photos of the pics of the photos they take of you on the rides, went to new york first time, then santa fe this time prefered the new york but really pricey, the davy crocker sounds fantastic as missed cooking. ie knowing what they ate.
    good luck
    :A :j
  • karren
    oh and first time we flew and hated the airport the other side this time we went by eurostar and would recommend it, we drove to kent from swansea, stayed in the ashford hotel then had taxi to the station then got on train and arrived chilled and ready to party! we went with 6 adults 6 kids and enjoyed every minute, i rec the food in the cafe mickey it was superb and in comparision with the rest of the park it wasnt to bad, bit lacking on the character front for the kids but the pasta in the set meal was fantastic
  • smayers
    Thanks Karren - getting excited now!!! Sounds like I have made up my mind. As long as the kids aren't too young then I think the decision has been made!!
  • karren
    lol, fab! tesco points? you can use them to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport