Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Hooloovoo wrote: »
    So if you're unlucky and the once a year they arrive is just after you have submitted an inflated reading then your plan gets screwed up.
    Not really, as they only come one a year, so after a visit you know you've got a year before they'll appear again. They don't come randomly. Here you get a bill every quarter, so you provide readings for 3 quarters, and the 4th quarter is read. You even have the option of not bothering to submit a reading, and it'll be estimated instead.
  • Quartermass
    Options
    Had a text message yesterday saying my card was despatched but no card yesterday or today. Perhaps I'm a touch paranoid, but I'm wondering if it's gone walkies in the post.

Does anyone (who put their mobile number on the app) remember when they received the text message relative to the card arriving?
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    I'd expect it to take 2 - 3 days from the message to delivery.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 August 2012 at 1:50PM
    Options
    If they charge 1.5%, it's still worth it imo, because the OP will be 1.5% up (eventually)
    But if you have other spending where you can profit 3% then it's still costing you.
    Plus there is a risk of forfeiting the cashback through any slip up or dormancy or even cynical move on Aqua's part. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I think there is some risk.
  • dominiquereynolds
    Options
    Text message 6 Aug and 7 Aug to let me know card on the way

Pin arrived 2 days ago and Card yesterday.

Phoned them to activate card today and set up a direct deit to clear the full amount every month.

I asked about increasing the credit limit and they said that after a few months I can request this.
  • IsaCream_Man
    Options
    When Statements have been prepared ready for viewing on line, do they send you an email to let you know? Nothing in the FAQs about this, it seems.
  • myth123
    myth123 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When Statements have been prepared ready for viewing on line, do they send you an email to let you know? Nothing in the FAQs about this, it seems.

The paper statement can't be viewed online (at least I haven't found it). You get sent one though the post, mine came about 5 days after the start of my new billing period. When you click the 'view statements' section it just shows transactions from the previous billing period, along with the payment summary (statement balance, minimum payment etc.).
  • IsaCream_Man
    Options
    myth123 wrote: »
    The paper statement can't be viewed online (at least I haven't found it). You get sent one though the post, mine came about 5 days after the start of my new billing period. When you click the 'view statements' section it just shows transactions from the previous billing period, along with the payment summary (statement balance, minimum payment etc.).
    That's disappointing then, especially as they'll be using second class post judging by your 5 days. Thanks for your reply.
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I didn't receive an e-mail, but I did get a text message reminder about a week before my due date (I guess if you want an e-mail reminder, you'll need to set up you own reminder to email you the same day each month).

The online statement is just a html page, with no mention of t'cashback. I expect that only features on the paper statements.

[Edit: Sorry for double-information, should have checked for replies before posting]
  • kaych
    kaych Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey, for anyone who has made a payment to the aquacard website before. Juts a quick question. I tried to make a payment to my aquacard as the due day is the end of next week. I put in the full amount and pressed 'proceed' on their online system. The screen then just went back to the statement page and didn't even ask for my debit card details (even though I presume they would have got it anyway as I have updated the bank details online previously). I am not sure whether the payment has been made now? I don't want to try again in case it takes the payment twice.
    I just want to know from others, what do you guys see after you made a payment on their aqua website? do you usually get a confirmation screen or by email?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure