2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• ,eye test results for various family members (should I keep these?),and lots more assorted rubbish,as well as some stuff to be filed.

I only keep eye test results until the next eye test if I might be going somewhere else for the test - as if you go to the same opticians they will have your results on file.

This morning I finished off my eBay listings for the month (you get 20 free then you have to pay and I'm too MSE for that!) and have listed several items of clothing, a designer handbag I never use, and a broken laptop for spares. So hopefully they will all be leaving in 10 days! I also finished filling another bin liner of clothes for CS donation.

I have several plastic storage tubs, boxes etc that I've now emptied - should I just donate these to the charity shop too? I'm hoping to empty the old shelving unit in my craft room today, I brought it from my old house and really hate it as it doesn't match the house.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better." Paul Theroux
  • Afternoon All.
    Couple of big wins over last week or so. Three bags of stuff for CS I've been collecting by the front door have gone to CS. Also, sold dining table and 6 chairs on eBay, collected and gone. A bargain for the purchaser, it was solid oak and immaculate, but hardly used as we always use the kitchen table. Now have lots more space in back room which will now be second sitting room I think, and used more often. Finally, I've pulled packets of photos out of every nook and cranny and started to sort through. A job I've been avoiding as it will take a while, but started at last :T. Has already resulted in a carrier bag of various frames and albums that I won't use that the CS can benefit from.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • Just got the bag with the plate set we don't want and added some more plates etc. to it that have been sat on the top of the sideboard for months since we sorted through our kitchen cupboards. I'm going to drop this bag off at the CS on Tuesday morning as tomorrow morning I'm going to the hospital with my dad in the car and we need to leave before any of the shops open then I'm getting a bus from the hospital straight to work.

My room is more or less sorted now apart from the mountain of stuff i have listed on the fb selling groups. Once that is got rid of then that will be one room down :D

Might see if mum wants to give her room a quick once over in a bit :o
  • Hi all,
    Inspiring posts,I am still moving house but just plodding along.
    The house for sale is getting emptier-and cleaner! The one I am in is a bit tidal at the moment,goes in and out.

Recycling bins overflowing,CS pile now worth loading in the car to move it all.Did think about a load to the tip but I have decided that a builders skip would be my best bet,but I need a bit of muscle to help!!

The windows are being replaced tomorrow,well started anyway,so that will be 9 sash windows plus the carp from the kitchen upgrade,plus surplus chairs,which can't go to charity recycling as no fire resist labels-should fill a skip.Gas cooker as well,oh b,double bed from selling house!

Shan't count the items but reckon I could reach 2017 before Easter-woopy doo!!

Doesn't it feel good to have a clear space.

mrss
    You can't stay young for ever,but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
  • somerandom wrote: »
    95. box of rubbish from garden
    96. fly swatter
    97. dead bucket from garden
    98. & 99. 2 x hypno CDs
    100. Trainers - CS
    101 - old mobile phone charger- got a replacement for xmas

I've hit my first 100 items out this year :A

102-6 - 5 shelves rotting in garden shed
    107. cranium cards - CS
    108. top trumps - CS
    109 - model of solar system - offered to niece
    110 - Muji wooden model of london - offered to niece
    111 - DS' outgrown jeans - CS
    112 - toy car - CS
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Hi all - hope you had a good weekend.
    This challenge certainly does help the motivation - I kept wandering round the house decluttering and counting up in my head!
    2: old squeegee
    3 - 6: Samples we had sent for decorating - ages ago!
    7-10: mail that had been sat for ages
    11 - 15: various toiletries used up and pots sent straight to recycling
    16: empty candle lighter
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • kscour
    kscour Posts: 665
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    68 - 76 old cloths that I don't use - binned
    77 - 79 useless cleaning products - binned
    80 plastic bottle - recycled

onwards and upwards! :D
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,264
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    purplevamp wrote: »
    20-21) ebay sales
    22) empty dry shampoo can (teenagers never let you know they've used things up do they?! :cool:)
    23) Broken headphones
    24) Squash concentrate bottle (thought I'd find some use for it, never did)

25) Xmas sweet packaging
    26) Amazon sale (video. Yes!!! A VIDEO!! :eek:)

Having to clear my fridge/freezer as it died on Friday and new one isn't coming until Wednesday :eek: So from the top of the fridge:-

27) Cupcake packaging (plastic ~ never resused)
    28) Cupcake box (card)
    29-32) Empty dvd cases
    33) Iron packaging
    34) Kettle packaging

Later I will be disposing of the contents of the fridge/freezer. This is stuff that cannot be saved as I have no room in our makeshift fridge to store it safely. :(
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,790.87 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £50 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £56.87 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • kscour
    kscour Posts: 665
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    81 - 82 two washing machine cleaners - one used, one binned as it was turning into a science experiment :o
    83 dishwasher cleaner - used
    84 - 87 dodgy looking packs of xmas cards - binned
    88 random plastic lid - binned
  • I'd like to join. I want to aim for 365 things this year.

Today I recycled a half used A4 pad which has been lying around so long I can't remember when or why I got it. Also I chucked out half a roll of glittery Christmas wrapping paper which can't be recycled. (Horrid stuff that shed everywhere when I used it)

My house looks fairly tidy but my late husband was a hoarder and I've been struggling to dispose of his stuff. He treasured it but a lot of it is just a mystery to me so I'm starting to throw it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure