MoneySaving Poll: Which comedian would make the best PM?

Poll started 13 December 2016

Which comedian would make the best PM?

Politics is a funny business. No surprise then that the Guatemalan president, the leader of Italy’s Five Star Movement and a previous mayor of Reykjavik are all former comedians. We’re sure there are other politicians you think are a joke too.

So for some festive fun, which comedians do you think would make the best UK Prime Minister?

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• Where's Stephen Fry's name?
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Your vote totally depends on whether you are voting for someone who is balanced and a good change or whether you are voting for someone who just spouts rubbish.....like the politicians we are used to ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Why no Susan Calman or Sue Perkins?

That said, Sandi Toksvig is full of common sense, so sadly lacking in politicians...
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Torn between Jeremy Hardy, who takes a jaundiced view of politics, and Eddie Izzard, who has shown such commitment to the underdog.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • The Italy’s Five Star Movement leader isn't a politician and he is still a comedian,get your facts right please
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Where's Stephen Fry's name?

Or Ben Elton's?
  • They're all loony-left.
  • kfh54
    kfh54 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    that's all.

kfh
  • Unlike some of the above, I didn't take this entirely seriously. I voted for Jim Davidson, on the grounds that not only is he politically incorrect, but socially incorrect as well, and is the only one who appears to be even slightly to the right of Mao. Unfortunately he's been censured by the apparatchiks of the TV industry, so we shall never know his views on QE or supply side demand in the turkey industry.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure