Groupon - non fulfilled voucher - refund in Groupon credits!

Comments

• Hi all,

Just a note to let you all know we're happy for Groupon to provide a special email address so people can send their queries.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Groupon_Company_Rep
    Groupon_Company_Rep Posts: 25 Organisation Representative
    Hi again everyone. Groupon here. We've investigated in detail and we can confirm that Wonderfeet in Warrington have definitely been paid by Groupon and should by all accounts be accepting vouchers. Please stay tuned for an update as we are trying our best to get in contact with the partner today to see if there is any further issue. We hope to get this sorted as soon as possible. Sincere apologies to anyone who has experienced problems in redeeming. Thank you.
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Groupon. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Groupon_Company_Rep
    Hi everyone-latest update. Everything is now sorted with our business partner, Wonderfeet. All Groupon customers should have no problems redeeming their vouchers from today. Sincere apologies for the confusion. Thank you.
    I am an official company representative of Groupon. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    It leaves a bad taste to see the groupon rep so concerned here yet ignoring the other serious complaints pointed out to him/her in this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2764806

(And reputable companies would have been anxious to correct the "scam" allegations in that thread!)
  • trumpton
    trumpton Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    I don't think I would touch Groupon with a bargepole after all the problems I have read about them. Plus, their own staff allegedly posting fake recommendations is decidedly dodgy imo.
  • I recently bought a deal for eyelash extensions at Jinny Lashes for £35. The Groupon offer advertised this as being worth £100. It was in fact worth only £80. Mistruth number 1.

Once I'd had the treatment done, I asked the receptionist at Jinny Lashes why not many lashes had been applied, and she told me they were only doing "Express" treatments for Groupon customers.

Groupon did not advertise this, and in doing so misled me into buying what I thought would be a full set of lashes. Mistruth number 2.

I have contacted Groupon via their customer support email, to only receive a standard response saying how sorry they were that I was complaining. I tried calling them and discovered their customer support line is not working.

I would like a refund, as Groupon's misleading information sold me a product I would not have bought had I known that I would only be receiving an "Express" treatment.

I would like to hear what the Groupon Rep on here can advise for me to claim my refund. I will soon be contacting Consumer Direct for further advice if I do not hear from Groupon within the next 6 working days.

If anyone else has had this experience please post a reply.

Thanks.
  • Groupon_Company_Rep
    Hello everyone,

As we have posted on other threads, as one person I am not able deal with each complaint individually. Please escalate these queries to mse@groupon.co.uk, the contact we have set up exclusively to resolve issues for MoneySavingExpert customers. These will be dealt with as a priority as we want to assist all of our customers, particularly those who have experienced ongoing issues. With regard to the Jinny lashes issue, we will look into this and reply as soon as possible, it will take some investigation. Thank you all for your understanding.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    trumpton wrote: »
    I don't think I would touch Groupon with a bargepole after all the problems I have read about them. Plus, their own staff allegedly posting fake recommendations is decidedly dodgy imo.

I don't understand why MSE repeatedly push their 'offers'. I would not want to be associated with them in a professional capacity.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dmg24 wrote: »
    I don't understand why MSE repeatedly push their 'offers'. I would not want to be associated with them in a professional capacity.

For the ££££££? ;) (MSE get a commission on any sales)

Not that Groupon needs the free advertising.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • leafy211 wrote: »
    can this be allowed?
    I recently purchased a Groupon voucher via my credit card, but the voucher has not been redeemable due to being unable to contact the company on the voucher.
    Groupon have agreed to refund the voucher - but by credit to my Groupon account, which is valid for only 6 months. Previously if a voucher was non-fulfillable, they credited my card.
    I dont want Groupon credits!
    Are they allowed to do this even though I have entered into an arrangement with them that they can no longer honour? Can they refund in their own credit system, rather than pay me back my money.
    Not only have they now changed their customer service number to a paying number (originally was 0800) but now trying to avoid refunding when they are unable to complete their side of the bargain.
    Why do all good things have to come to an end?

Similar story, booked the 7 day Morroccan holiday, could not get hold of the hotel to make a reservation. Groupon offered to refund me in credits (£508), looked at this forum, sent an e-mail to [EMAIL="mse@groupon.co.uk"]mse@groupon.co.uk[/EMAIL] telling them i wanted my money back as it does not state on the voucher or their T&C's that refunds are in Groupon credits. A Representative rang me within 5 mins, apologised, refunded in full to my paypal account and gave me £25 worth of credit to spend = result.:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure