PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Monday 9th January

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

:bdaycake:Happy Birthday to Mummysaver, and bleated wishes to NMLC xx

Good luck to Beth today x and Bramble, hope all goes well x

Washing is on the line, not sure it will dry much, but it will smell fresh, busy day today, am going to make some cakes this morning, will take some to dad at lunch time. Need to hoover through and clean downstairs, do some online shopping, nip to shop for a loaf, walk dog, then prep dinner for tonight which will be cottage pie.

DD is still in bed, she thought that she might be coming down with a cold last night, so have let her lay in for a while, she will help me with the jobs this morning,

Mrs Mix hope you feel better soon xx

Tru I meant to say, at work on Friday I was doing spreadsheets galore, you would have loved it :rotfl:

Have good days all xx
  • Morning all.

Well I have decided I must get back into the OS ways.
    I have not strayed too far from the OS but I need you lot to keep me on the straight & narrow! :D

JulieG, my 3rd baby (now a 2 and a half year old terror!) was 9 days late & then only came pulled screaming with a c-section. I appreciate that is not what you want to hear. :cool:

Hope all goes well for Beth today.

I have been reading the dailys for a while.

Have got cottage pie mix from the freezer for DH dinner. He is flying back today & hopefully that's the last time he will be travelling with work. He is starting a new ofdfice based job on Feb 1st. I shall make the mash & he will have to bake it as we're off over my sisters for dinner. My niece had her birthday on Friday. My sisters SiL (keeping up!)had a baby on Thurs so my sis was busy with birthday parties & new baby on the weekend. I hope I get to see him & havea snuggle. I love babies.

We have toddler group in a bit. Back to normailty after xmas now. The older 2 went back to school last week.

This afternoon I shall do a menu plan & then my shopping list for Aldi/Sainsbury. What I can't get in Aldi I shall get in Sainsbury. I avoid T3sco & am boycotting M0rrisons.

My bank account isn't looking too bad considering it's the dire month of January.

Right, must go now.

Hope you all have a good day.

Love & (((hugs))) to those in need

Lisa x
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    morning all

just a quick one from me as i am at work

happy birthday mummysaver and nmlc

beth thinking of you x

JG a bit of rumpy pumpy sorted mine out - both mine came early! :D

long day ahead as i am covering this afternoon for a collegue (sp?)

went to a birthday party for mil yesterday and completely blew my diet :( had birthday cake and a scone with clotted cream and jam :eek: back on it today though

hope everyone has a great day x
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone,

Been reading but not posted over the weekend.Hope you had a lovely birthday nmlc
    :bdaycake:Mummysaver

Beth- hoping your op goes well.
    Bramble- hope you get through today as best you can hun.

I have been meal planning,and got over a months worth of meals at least from the freezer,to avoid much food spending while the men haven't got much work on-I feel organised and virtuous ;) Trouble is all this talk of losing weight and SW makes me want to join in,but some of the meals I've planned are using stuff up and not slimming friendly (:rotfl:thats my excuse anyway)Anyway tonight its turkey meatballs.

We had a little lamb joint done in the slow cooker last night,as DS1 was at GFs-he's not keen.I got a lot more meat off than I thought I would so thats another meal for the freezer.I also made 2 cakes from the GB Bake off- a Victoria sponge and a fruit cake-most of thats in the freezer now too,so we dont eat it all :D I put hm lemon curd in the middle,and the last of some Christmas cream.

I need to ring the solicitor to find out whether we'll get any money back from our failed house sale,prob not but worth a try.
    I spoke to my cousin yesterday,my uncle is still very poorly with pneumonia in intensive care,but they have reduced the sedation and letting him breathe on his own for short periods,so there has been a slight improvement.Cant visit yet,v close family only.

Right ,off to look at spreadsheets,tho I'm not very good with them :o

Hope everyones day has something nice in it :)
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all.

Hoppy Birdday Mummysaver

GWS wishes Mrs Mix

Hope all goes well for Beth

Just seen the pic Malefic posted yesterday of the herb table - I like that idea, looks like it'd be easy to tend to from a sitting position. Just have to fathom out where it could go.:D

I could absolutely cry today. Been awake all night again with the pain in my shoulder; have taken 2 doses of Oramorph this morning and it's still hurting enough to impede my typing on the netbook (so please excuse any typos).:(

Mr LW and I were discussing the changes to the law on assisted suicide that are being talked about in the paper - useless! Restricting it to people with less than a year to live, and excluding anyone who is disabled or depressed..... I'm not saying we should be herding people to Dignitas or anything, but when this damned illness gets to a point where even Mr LW's love isn't enough for me to stand it any more, I'd like to have him with me when I go; not have to wait til he's gone to work, then do the deed all on my lonesome in order to prevent him being prosecuted.:(:(:(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • mrsd
    mrsd Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all

Bright and breezy here today, washing blowing on the line, have vacuumed downstairs and put clean washing away. Have also sorted christmas cards to go for recycling, have kept some back to make tags for this years presents.

Dinner will be HM pie made with last nights roast chicken dinner LO. Off to work in a minute, should be NSD for me today.

Julie67 I have lived abroad due to DH job and can relate to how you are feeling about the move, its scary and exciting and a whole load of other things all at the same time. In the end we all had a fantastic time, learned so much, grew as a family, then we had to come back and were just as sad to leave. I expect you have it all sorted but if I can offer any support or advise please feel free to contact me.

Thoughts and hugs to all.
    Thoughts to all. Mrs D.
    Grocery challenge £52/£150 for June.
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    morning all, I lurk a lot on this thread and post when im about in the morning as i work shifts so on a day off today, waved the children off down school with huge smile as they were ready to go.
    but have to take my 8 year old to gp at 11.55 as she complained of double vision before christmas and optition was sure her eyesight was ok, so taking her to gp as a precaution, as she complained of earache a few times lately but no temp etc so no sign of infection, so ill pop to pick her up in bit.
    ive had quick tidy up, the dishwasher is on, ive prepared tea and its in slow cooker, so when back ill whip through with hoover and sort out stuff to take to brownies as im now officially a leader after 18months! cant wait for my warrant then perhaps we can plot more adventures with the girls x
    :A :j
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Lamewolf not sure what to say , i feel desperate that you are in so much pain to consider such an action , I do hope that something comes along soon to ease your pain , and that your love for Mr LW will keep you strong
    big (((hugs)) to you xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Lamewolf, just wanted to send you huge hugs, I am not sure they will help at all, but wanted you to know I am thinking of you xx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks, Sistercas and Redruby; believe me, the hugs do help.:A

I'm hanging in there at the moment but it seems that every time I have a flare, I never recover to quite as good as before the flare, iyswim; and I don't want to eventually end up bedbound and at the mercy of Social Services. I'll decide my fate, not them.

Oh dear, I'm dragging the thread down, aren't I? This is what I wanted to avoid, so I might just go into lurk mode for a bit.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure