PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ampersand since the virgin debacle we still haven got tv sorted so it'll be iplayer for us. Wrongly thought there'd be 6 in the series so very happy
    skint get well soon
    vjsmum read on fb yesterday wizard of oz is ultimate chick flick -two women fighting over a pair of shoes. Intrigued about your mystery profession. Clues?
    Fab weather again. Just had scrummy breakfast -yesterday's lo veg and mash with chopped up sad red pepper, onion and an egg. Off to plant my bargain heathers from l!dl
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning! Checking in again to report some more pleasures. It's nice to feel welcome :) so thank you guys (((hugs))).

Pleasures:

1. Watching Strictly last night. Sparrer I loved Lisa Riley's and Robin Windsor's cha cha - wow, couldn't stop smiling for ages afterwards.
    2. Reading people's pleasures. I've missed it and the simple act of reading about other people's good points lifts my spirits.
    3. Mr KB brought me a cup of tea in bed again this morning. :) He hasn't been feeling well so I hope he gets better soon.
    4. We didn't have Shepherd's Pie for tea yesterday so had leftovers instead. Result: Less wastage and less cooking for me, and an easy tea tonight :D
    5. My shopping list this week looks to be under a tenner. I'm going to work through my storecupboard instead of buying new and seeing what I can do. I hope this feeling of renewed OSiness lingers around a long time.

There's not really a lot planned for today - I might pick up my cross stitch and try and get some more of it done. I'll certainly be taking it to work tomorrow to sit and do some in my lunch hour (I really really need to stop popping into town for a leg-stretch and inevitably spending!).

I've just realised I have some cooking apples in the fridge from making a cake for a Macmillan Coffee Morning the other week. I have no custard for a crumble (or ice cream) but might make one nonetheless. Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

K xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spooky.....chicken.....I'm reading your pleasures and watching 'call the midwife 'and they are talking about Madeira....just told DD1 but she just looked at me like I was a bit daft!

Well ,lazy bones me didn't make it swimming again today, tut tut me.

1. Baked 3 banana loaves using up frozen bananas. I'm trying to use up freezer stock, some of it has been there for a scary length of time. Enough food for OHs lunch for a week.

2.watched 'bake off' at library and Nigella's new program . I do like her.

3.OH had forgotten he had tickets for a heavy metal concert tonight and wasn't well enough to go with DS . none of DS friends were allowed to go ( back to school tomorrow).....long story cut a bit shorter.....after a few calls to colleagues got the number of one of our nice customers who likes the band, so met up with him, handed over a son and a ticket....he's happy he to a free ticket ( although he did offer to pay but he's doing us the favour) and DS happy as he gets to see band too.

4. DD2 had a nice day with nice friends at swimming pool . She will miss the respite from nasty girls that her production and rehearsals gave her. 2 weeks off school has been good for her. One more term before summer holidays to get through.

5. Nice chat with my sister.

6. Very yummy baked potato with cheese and salad for my tea, made by DD1 whilst I was chatting to sister.

Poorly people get better soon.
  • minicazzybee
    Options
    Morning (just!) Everyone!
    I read this thread religiously, and really enjoy it. It's so easy to get bogged down in the bigger issues associated with the economic climate and reading and posting here really illustrates the smaller pleasures.

A bit about myself; I'm a single mum to 2yo DS, and work part-time as a chef in childrens' nursery. Love my job but maybe it's time to get jump back into the workplace with both feet?!

So here's my 5 for yesterday;

1; Gorgeous sunny day so dropped car off at garage for work doing super-early and took DS on bus into Leeds. DS nearly wee'd himself with excitement with a £2 return bus ride on a double-decker!

2; Found fab winter hat for DS from Primarni for only £4!

3; Spent the afternoon with great friends baking cakes and homemade bread (which we then took home for tea)

4; Car garage couldn't fix the problem but didn't charge for the work done, even though they had spent 2 hours trying to fix it.

5; Friends lent DS Alladin DVD so we spent early evening snuggled on sofa. Think I enjoyed it more than him!

6; Mum came over for takeaway and natter as my Dad was at Rugby final. Lovely to have some girly time and I was treated to the Chinese, so truly MSE!!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone; the sun is shining so we shall be doing a spot of gardening after leftovers for lunch.

Minicazzybee x
    Sept GC £42.22/£60
  • wuvvies
    wuvvies Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    hello all:wave::wave:
    never posted on here but often popped in
    my os pleasures today
    1) roast dinner cooked by my husband
    2) both children happily doing their homework whilst i did my ironing.
    3) baked enough cakes and biscuits for the week and they are gorgeous... although may not make it through the week now:j
    4) washing basket empty and so is the ironing pile.
    5) all in our trackies snuggled under the blanket watching the grand prix - yes even the kids love it.

have a good afternoon all
    x
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sparrer wrote: »
    VJsmum what is it about Rainbow, it annoys me so much?! Unless it's the Eva Cassidy version, she made it sound much more interesting :)

Nope don't like that one either :p The only one I can just about stomach is Rufus Wainwright doing Judy Garland.
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    vjsmum read on fb yesterday wizard of oz is ultimate chick flick -two women fighting over a pair of shoes. Intrigued about your mystery profession. Clues?

I'd have told you if you asked :cool:;) - but a clue it is. People in my profession do it by the Standard Method.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi folks hope everyone is well.

Had a day of feeling downright happy to be alive due to a few simple pleasures :p

1. It is beautiful here - crisp frost, blue sky and sunshine.

2. Leisurely coffee and catch up with my lovely big sis who I haven't seen for a couple of weeks.

3. Got some great YS veggies which are now cooked, cooled and in freezer for Christmas dinner.

4. Got all my washing out on the line and it is almost dry :j

5. Off out to friend's house for dinner which always involves good food and even better company :D

Hope everyone has found a few simple pleasures today and if you haven't hopefully tomorrow will bring some.

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    oOOoo, it's gone very cold suddenly after being fairly warm and very sunny all day.

Here are my 5 or so for Sunday so far.

1) Woke up at the same time we get up to go to school! Sure sign I am feeling better that I'm not waking up at midday on a morning with no boys here.

2) Listened to most of the Archers this morning.

3) Went for a walk for over an hour. Couldn't find many crab apples in the hedge rows but the bird song was nice, esp a little robin.

4) Chicken and avocado sandwiches for lunch.

5) Good tidy up.

6) Stove now lit.

7) Lots of texts from smaller son on his new phone.

8) Been looking at Christmas market websites and don't know whether to do the Brum one (as normal) or go to Lincoln, which might be less crowded and gives me chance to pop into Notts on the same trip...

9) My school friend is on her way here for tea.

10) Sons back at 6.30.
  • Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny Posts: 923 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2012 at 5:10PM
    Options
    Churtles to all, chickens and foxes, newbies, unwellies and those who port by.

Ms Sonny has moaned of alls, them why is me lasts to nose about things. Ms Sonny, it is becasue yous not got what the other girls want, that is TILAMS!!! No not talking bunny boiler again, but the Divorcess Mega Store, as is known in TILAMS land. You see I get the jint that said gal is back on the market by the look or luck. Donna worries, cause Ms Sonny gots me thirst you see, so it is only that sneer of, 'Skit, I wish I had ... ' Balls dear? Perchance not!

5 Had perfecto poached eggs, toast, sausage and mushroom for breakfast. Swallowed up by a last pint at the Ram, then it was Buazzrd, defoxed, curried and salad. Finsished of with Homemade Spotted !!!!!!, lumpy custard. ALL GONE

4 Feet up job the now, with slippers curled off, oipadding!

3 Strewth I did not realise I mega gorfed this day, wills has to run it off on the treadder lkater to SNP, then to a new wobbleade emporium. Wilol not be the same as teh last place, but my Bear Advisor is out at the moment.

2 Missed service this morning as running late so I hops not to have butttered peoples. Get in some tonight else where, but was bust at an evenmt yesterday and if I go to often, I hear the old story.

1 Time Gentlemen Please! And the door was closed!

Ponder!

Who has Jam when they eat chicken? Or puts Jam in the Gravy? In TILAMS LAND, that is the norm!
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

Frith - strangely enough, I was looking at C-word markets earlier, too - I might go to the Winchester one as it's a place I've never been to and would be another one to cross off my list. :think:

minicazzybee - you're very welcome - it's always nice to have newbies. :)

mcculloch - I have to confess that I'm really bad with toiletry bottles - there's always a few sitting on the end of the bath waiting for me to get round to rinsing them out and putting them in the recycling bin. :o

1) An embarrassingly long lie-in this morning - I kept half-waking up but dozing off again before I could do anything about getting up. :o

2) Watched the grand prix - I love my multi-million pound bumper cars. ;)

3) Put my boots on to walk up the shop and it wasn't too painful, which I hope means I'll be able to drive to work tomorrow rather than messing around with the ridiculously expensive local buses. :j

4) Chatted on the phone to my DF and mentioned that I'm having toad in the hole for dinner tonight, so that's now on his plan for the week too. :D

5) Did a decent amount of studying this afternoon and really rather enjoyed it.

Have a nice evening, all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport