Sainsburys money off vouchers

Comments

• Hurray I've got a notso newbie! :D:D
  • zoescrims
    zoescrims Posts: 2,865
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm new to this voucher thingy and would like to give it a go.
    just want to know can i use somerfield vouchers?as i dont have a sainsburys near me and what amount of vouchers can you use in one shop?
    Thanks
    Zoe
    2020 Jan: storage box,£150 pots & pans, £50 restaurant voucher,dining experience,19 tubes of Pringles Feb: £50 food giftcard,
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I have yet to use my £8.99 voucher, did a shop today for £17 in Tesco and paid £6 odd. Got a lot of reduced meat for the freezer, lots of veg and a skirt for my daughter.

Was it Tesco you used your vouchers in Charlie?
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • tiff
    Forumite
    Zoe, yes Tesco and Asda should take any other supermarkets coupons. Each store will have their own policy about limits, ie some stores will let you have 10% off your shop others dont seem to worry about how many coupons you use.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • zoescrims
    zoescrims Posts: 2,865
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Tiff!
    will start collecting.
    Zoe
    2020 Jan: storage box,£150 pots & pans, £50 restaurant voucher,dining experience,19 tubes of Pringles Feb: £50 food giftcard,
  • chaos2
    chaos2 Posts: 92
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Did receive £10 off £100 vouchers from sainsbury. But my shopping is nearer £60 to £70 per week.

So got myself a expensive toothbursh worth £45(oral hygiene rechargble) The total was over the
    £100. Was than able to use the vouchers.

Next week return the toothbrush and got the refund. I believe you guess can the rest. They don't ask for refund of the £10 vouchers. So it is £10 off the actual shopping £60.
  • tiff
    Forumite
    But if you do your shopping in Tesco and use £30 worth of vouchers from Sainsburys, that would be a better deal.
  • Nip out and get The Mail today and there's a £2 voucher in it . Page 65- a dead cert for Tesco scanning!
    if i had known then what i know now
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh dear! I'm getting terribly confused :-/
    Sometimes Tesco wont even take their own coupons off my total shop, if I don't buy the actual item.
    So to try to convince them to take the Sainsbury £8.99 wine one is going to be fun, taking into account I won't even be buying one to get the other free.
    It says on the Sainsburys mag coupons "Only at Sainsburys and Savacentre stores". So how comes Tesco take them? Will Asda, if again you don't actually buy the wine, let alone BOGOF?
    Also can someone please expain about the "self scanning" of vouchers in stores for me please. ???~
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• tiff
    Forumite
    Lillie, if you are in Tesco and using Tesco coupons, you have to buy the item on the coupon.

If you are in Sainsburys and using a Sainsburys coupon you must buy the item, and so on.

If you are in Tesco and you have Sainsburys vouchers, Tesco will let you use them without buying the item, as long as they stock it in their store. Asda also have the same policy, you dont need to buy the item. Dont bother with the £8.99 voucher if you are worried, there are plenty of other coupons in Sainsburys at the moment (but send it to me if you dont use it lol) that will scan perfectly well in Tesco. In my bag at the moment I have about £75 worth of coupons but I will be giving about £30 of them to my sister.

Sorry I cant help with the self scan, not seen one of those yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure