PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Bundt Pan

Comments

• I would call this a kugelhopf tin. I tend to make quite heavy cakes in it - something more like pound cake or madeira cake, and yes, cherry ones too!

I find that sponges fall to pieces when trying to get them out of my kugelhopf tin because they are too light.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 31 January 2016 at 10:13AM
    C_J wrote: »
    I have that diamond cut fancy-looking bundt tin from Lakeland - I bought it in a charity shop just before Christmas for 99p and it didn't look as though it had ever been used. I just checked on the Lakeland site and although that one is now discontinued, it used to sell for over £30 so I am doubly pleased with my bargain.
    Beeetch! :D

Eta: I just had to share your find on the chazzer thread, it's this kind of inspiration that keeps us keen!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lleucu
    Lleucu Posts: 334 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Second iteration:

Got cake release, lavishly brushed it into tin, tried 3 egg Mary Berry cherry cake again. Once cooked allowed to cool. Mixture had visibly ;moved away from sides. Used a plastic spatula very gently then turned upside down on plate and left it .. two minutes later gentle plop as it hit the plate. Perfect!:j

Have found out this tin requires a 5 egg mix so will scale up the mixture. (and cooking times?)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    oh what have I done? I am addicted to nordicware bundt tins and have bought another, the honeycomb pan. There is a wide range of prices for the bundt pans
    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/honeycomb-cake-pan/

Re cooling: I watched a youtube video and apparently the bundt must be cooled for precisely 10 minutes, any longer and the sugar causes it to stick to the tin. Glad I saw it

I have also bought a bundt recipe book. I so love nigellas recipe but having marbling etc makes an easy attractive cake for show. Very easy to make an attractive cake, a bit of icing sugar or a drizzle of something and it is done

;) the carrier looks good now, for when I make a bundt as a contribution to some event or other
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Lleucu wrote: »
    . Used a plastic spatula very gently then turned upside down on plate and left it .. two minutes later gentle plop as it hit the plate. Perfect!:j

Have found out this tin requires a 5 egg mix so will scale up the mixture. (and cooking times?)

woo hoo, well done. Watch out for the addiction to follow :D
  • morganlefay
    morganlefay Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought a lovely sort of spiral one and made a fab apple cake in it. I can't find recipe but google 'apple cake in Bundt tin' or something like that. I makes moe of a dessert than a cake as its quite grand looking, and I don't make it often but it's really good.
  • *~Zephyr~*
    *~Zephyr~* Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 February 2016 at 5:45PM
    Ooooooooh I have Long been lusting after Nordicware bundt tins. Nearly bought a lovely one in Homesense before Christmas but didn't. Had a change of heart a week later and went back for it but it had gone. Well, it was only £12 so of course some canny baker had snapped it up.

I'm still grieving...

Lleucu, I am painfully envious of your lovely pan. It's gorgeous.

And the next one I see in Homesense or TK Maxx is going to be mine!!!

Oh and here's a good tip for cake release - seeing as this is a money saving website and all! Don't buy the bottled stuff from Lakeland - make some GOOP instead!

It's just equal parts flour, vegetable fat (I used to use white flora but can't get it anymore so I use Trex instead) and oil. Whisk it together (by hand is easy enough) then keep it in an airtight container (mine's in mason jar) in the fridge. Slop it all over the inside of your cake tin - no need to flour it afterwards because of the flour in the GOOP - and then pour in your cake mix. I found it on Pinterest and it's brilliant stuff.

I make lots of cakes in weird moulds and since using this stuff I've never had one stick - even my number 3 came out with no problem.
  • Lleucu
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 February 2016 at 10:28AM
    Will try this Zephyr.

Got the castle from Ebay (£30) and made it, came out beautifully pictures dont really do it justice https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1537119083252016&set=pcb.1537121486585109&type=3&theater

See this site for decoration ideas http://www.atriflerushed.com/2012/05/castle-fit-for-queen-our-jubilee-bake.html
  • Lleucu
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Bread and butter pudding - dont try this at home it was a disaster.

But walnut bread in the Fleur de Lys tin was fantastic. I watched the Victorian baking programme and decided to give it a try. Made a 2 loaf mixture with yeast, treacle, walnuts and sultanas, wanted to post a photo but my husband ate most of it!! It came out beautifully marked and literally fell out of the tin. Lovely with butter and camenbert for lunch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure