The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Comments

• Ordered a phone from them at 2.13pm and it's in "Order in processing" at the moment.

Thing is it says i'll get my phone for next day delivery if i ordered before 2.30pm, and yet i don't think i will now.

Anyone got any views or can help me out on this? I really need it.
  • I ordered a T-mobile 24 month contract with a PS3 250gb

Order Placed on 17th Oct 2009
    Order Shipped on 19th Oct 2009
    Claim OK on 22nd Oct 2009
    Out Of Stock on 23rd Oct 2009

They still have not delivered yet, I phoned them 3 times during this week and once last week. They initially said I will have some information this week, but they are handling the old queue and I am a new customer, so they will ship accordingly and I should have some information by next week? It's all plausible but I am about to threaten them with ofcom, anybody wants to shed some light into this matter?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Well, having had yet another appalling experience with Mobiles.co.uk I've finally decided to use Buymobilephones.net. I regard them as riskier mainly because of their size, but they have far better deals than any cpw company and can't possibly be as dishonest, incompetent and untrustworthy as them!
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well I had my cashback paid out a week or so ago with no problems. In my experience they have been excellent and very helpful when I had to email them about something.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Yes, I've followed them for three years now - though didn't like the way they disguised the claim window of only 14 days in their t&c originally. Most of the feedback seems good and they've survived the mass fall-out affecting other dealers two years ago. Now that cpw has become extremely dishonest and Phones4u haven't any good deals there's not many options!
  • Should get my SE Satio tomorrow :D. Can't wait. Hope it's brand new and not opened tho :D
  • glenderg
    glenderg Posts: 383
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm a month into my first with them so far so good no need to take insurance but phone came locked to T Mobile
    Be good to the young on their way up you might need them on your way down.
  • Got my phone today in excellent condition, only thing is i don't think my contract sim has been updated yet :(

Defo recommend this company.
  • Is it a reliable cashback dealer?
  • mangus
    mangus Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi,

I'm just into the last 3 months of my current contract with orange and have begun to think about an upgrade. I bought my last contract through buymobilephones.net (which I've had no problems with at all) and they've offered me 10% off the same tariff if I buy through them again. I've been looking into getting an HTC hero, so on my current tariff that would cost me £22.50 plus £5 for unlimited web browsing with 200 minutes and unlimited texts a month. (And £9.99 for the phone). I rarely go over 200 minutes, so its just a case of whether I can get it cheaper. I'm also pretty sick of my phone so can't be bothered waiting another couple of months.

My question is, is this a good deal? I've still got three months left so orange probably won't offer me anything better, am I right?

Or, should I try getting phones4u or another company to buy my remaining contract months out and switch to T-mobile? They seem to be cheaper...

Any help would be much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport