E-on/ MSE Fixed 1 Year Collective Sept 2015 - Stay or wait?

Comments

• What would you do as a consumer Malc if you had the current V19 ?

Afternoon superbigal36. This would depend on the individual circumstances as people look for different things. I'd pop your usage in kWh on to the price comparison sites and choose the best deal for your particular circumstances.

Our Fixed 1 Year version 19 tariff was on sale from 22 January 16 to 9 February 16. Depending on when you started on this tariff, there's still a fair time to go. If you switch supplier now, you'll more than likely pick up an exit fee (£30 per fuel). These fees are no longer relevant when you enter the Price Protection window (open 49 calendar days before the tariff ends until 20 working days after). For now, though, they will apply.

Provided your eligible, you can move to another E.ON tariff. The ones listed on our website will be okay. Exit fees don't apply when moving from one E.ON tariff to another.

As I say, best to pop your details on to the independent price comparison sites and see what's best for you. Whether with us or another supplier. Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • FOREVER21 wrote: »
    MALC.

Thanks for all your messages, and comments that complaints have been passed up the line.

Is there any chance that you could give some feedback regarding the attitude of senior management to the adverse comments made.

Happy to chase this and post what we're doing going forward FOREVER21. I'm just about to send my next batch of feedback up the line, mainly today's comments. I'll include your post with this.

I'm away now until Tuesday so please don't think I've gone quiet. Helena will be around though.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Sorry to say that I've jumped ship too switched to SSE through Energy Helpline. Would have loved to have stayed with E-On and would have done without the significant savings I have made through switching. It really does seem daft that E-On are losing so many happy customers who have now become disgruntled ex-customers. Their website boasts of how they treat customers fairly and have won awards for customer service. Odd when so many satisfied customers are leaving!!
  • Me too....sorry to say that I've jumped ship switched to Scottish Power through CEC best deal for me, with £30 cash back.

Would have loved to have stayed with E-On, even paying a little more, sadly I can't ignore the the significant savings.

My new smart meter will be a dumb meter for a while.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 September 2016 at 12:20AM
    Malc,

Please add my name to the list of those who are extremely disappointed that Eon have limited their latest tariff to new customers only - and not existing ones.

Apart from the fact this encourages customers to switch away from Eon, virtually every business study in the world shows it is cheaper to retain existing customers than gain new ones.

Could I also ask that when you feed this back, you also ask management to ensure Eon offer a electricity only tariff - not only dual fuel offers.

I am responsible for multiple energy accounts currently with Eon and if it doesn't reverse these policies all these accounts will end up switching provider - despite my being happy with Eon otherwise to date.

Regards
    Sunil
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    To be honest if the might of the Energy Club could not get E.on to offer a good deal for existing customers then I do not think sending a few complaints to the powers that be will make any difference at all.
  • Morning perky_v and sorry for the late reply.

As you know, our new Saver Tariffs aren't available to existing customers. I've been feeding Forum sentiment about this back to senior management and have included your comments.

Malc

If it wasn't bad enough that you won't let me go on the new tariff, your meter reader manages to enter the gas meter incorrectly!

24133 on 03/09/16 (I have a picture to confirm)
    24140 today 17/09/16 (I have a picture to confirm)

Meter reader on 08/09/16 manages to read it as 24156!! I can only assume it was 24136 on the day. I have entered this online correctly, will this be taken as me having had used from 24156 to 24140, i.e. 99983 units in 9 days! Which is clearly impossible to use, but it took weeks to sort this out when NPower made a similar mistake many years ago, after they sent me a bill for over £35,000!
  • Glad you're reasonably happy with us fredandwilma. Don't worry about me. After 7 years representing E.ON on these Forums, I'm used to the highs and lows. If I remember right, about a year ago, I was posting quite a lot of positive stuff after we had won a collective. Swings and roundabouts as they say.

On the Warm Home Discount, as you applied to us, sounds like you're in the Broader Group. We've recently started to send letters to Broader Group applicants to let them know if they've been accepted or rejected. If accepted, payments start in October with the aim of paying all successful applicants by the end of May 17.

Customers in the Core Group are usually paid a little earlier. Guessing, but it may be the person in the other thread is in this group.

Happy to check for you. Please drop an email to the address in my Profile if you would like me to do this. Hope this helps and thank you for your kind comments. They're appreciated.

Malc

Thanks Malc.

I'm pleased to inform you i have now received my letter of acceptance and hopefully the credit will be applied on my next bill.

I think the letter was sent via the slow boat to China?

That's a huge weight off my mind.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • renard_2
    renard_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2016 at 9:16PM
    Malc, please can you clarify the position re. switching from E.ON (sorry, I'm another person annoyed by being barred from their new deal).

My previous MSE Collective deal ended on 16 September and E.ON have put me onto their standard Energy Plan from that date, with a steep rise in cost.

On 18 September, I applied to switch onto the new British Gas collective.

In previous posts, you refer to the 'window' where costs will not increase. You say: It's open 49 calendar days before the tariff ends until 20 working days after. During this time and provided we're told, we'll keep you on the same prices as now whilst a change of supplier goes through. Exit fees also don't apply when in this window. If you decide to change supplier, there's no need to contact us. The new supplier will do this. Just make sure you start the switch within the window.

Can you please confirm that I need not contact E.ON personally to say I am leaving? And that they will not charge me the increased tariff but keep me on the Collective tariff until the change to BG goes through?

(I would add how impressed I am to see you on here, helping customers with their problems. Not every company would do that!)
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 September 2016 at 8:38AM
    renard wrote: »
    Malc, please can you clarify the position re. switching from E.ON (sorry, I'm another person annoyed by being barred from their new deal).

My previous MSE Collective deal ended on 16 September and E.ON have put me onto their standard Energy Plan from that date, with a steep rise in cost.

On 18 September, I applied to switch onto the new British Gas collective.

In previous posts, you refer to the 'window' where costs will not increase. You say: It's open 49 calendar days before the tariff ends until 20 working days after. During this time and provided we're told, we'll keep you on the same prices as now whilst a change of supplier goes through. Exit fees also don't apply when in this window. If you decide to change supplier, there's no need to contact us. The new supplier will do this. Just make sure you start the switch within the window.

Can you please confirm that I need not contact E.ON personally to say I am leaving? And that they will not charge me the increased tariff but keep me on the Collective tariff until the change to BG goes through?

(I would add how impressed I am to see you on here, helping customers with their problems. Not every company would do that!)

Eon terms state that if they are advised by another supplier within 20 working days after your end date (the date on which your tariff was due to end) and the switch then occurs within 3 weeks of Eon receiving that advice, Eon will keep you on the same prices until that switch applies.

(the first part of the above is almost definitely going to occur in your case, but the second part you will have to wait and see)

I suggest you wait for the final bill, and then double check that is what they have done. If you find reason to complain at that point, then do so :)

Edit: Don't worry about exit fees - you didn't even apply to switch until after the end date
    When switching supplier, you no longer have to contact the outgoing supplier yourself - the new supplier is responsible to do that (and if they don't a switch obviously cannot possibly occur)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure