ASDA Mobile Ditches Vodafone for EE

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/26485/Asda_ditches_Vodafone_in_favour_of_EE.aspx

Anyone with poor EE coverage and good Vodafone coverage get ready to shop around.

Depending on pricing it may become quite an attractive option for those shopping around with good EE coverage.

Comments

• ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Earthworm wrote: »
    Anyone with poor EE coverage and good Vodafone coverage get ready to shop around.

Surely that applies to Asda Mobile generally with their mediocre rates and tariffs.
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    EE's coverage is deteriorating rapidly as EE decommissions transmitters and creates coverage blackspots which did not exist previously. What a bad move by Asda Mobile.
  • ZhugeEX
    NFH wrote: »
    EE's coverage is deteriorating rapidly as EE decommissions transmitters and creates coverage blackspots which did not exist previously. What a bad move by Asda Mobile.

EE are not decommissioning masts anymore. In fact they are upgrading over 6,000 ex Orange masts into the MBNL network to support the latest 2G, 3G and 4G standards. This consolidation will be complete at the end of 2014 and should leave EE with the best possible network with over 18,500 masts and 99.2% 3G coverage and 98% 4G coverage.

Yes the decommissioning of masts has affected users but ultimately it's leading to a better network.
  • Personally I agree they are more expensive than others but some will be happy with their prices. They are, at least, lower than Orange's on PAYG.

My signal actually improved with the merger I think I am the only one :P.
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I am hoping to leave EE soon, terrible coverage.
  • No matter what network they use they are still very uncompetitive on price!
  • I'm puzzled that networks still see 100MB as a usable amount of data in a month. My phone would use more than that just in the background.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    However, ASDA's call centre (in Rothesay, Scotland as I recall) is superb.
  • ZhugeEX
    Buzby wrote: »
    However, ASDA's call centre (in Rothesay, Scotland as I recall) is superb.

Not going to lie but i'd rather take an Indian call centre over a scottish call centre. Seriously can't hack the accent.
  • ZhugeEX wrote: »
    Not going to lie but i'd rather take an Indian call centre over a scottish call centre. Seriously can't hack the accent.

Hang up then if you can't understand us simple :silenced:
    'HAIL HAIL' :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family