PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 February 2012 at 11:02PM
    Just chucked out an old bag that I 'borrowed' from my DD, and some ratty old shoes. Also put spare room straight after DS gone home so plan to start sewing again tomorrow. Also got a crown green bowling ball, inherited from my aunt's husband, ready to take to work to see if anyone will take it off my hands!
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    When we had just graduated we had them up in frames on the wall. Now I just keep them in my fireproof box with passport, driving licence etc.
    Hi Kaz, I have scanned mine in and backed them up using the Mozyhome backup system (ie offsite in case), then put the originals in a file with my cv in case an employer ever asks to see them.

So; In essence; You're both telling me that it sitting in the envelope on the floor in the corner of my lounge like it has been for the last 2 months is not the way to keep it? :rotfl:
    I've had it 9 years now and still done nothing with it. Blasted thing!

DH and I have bought our cards to each other from DD for tomorrow. At least that way, she'll make some money for her guides fundraising and we can throw them out after a week ;).

I have also slung out a bag full of rubbish found in the bathroom earlier. I'm now up to February total 108/100
    My laptop has broken too so instead of dancing around the room and buying the ipad2 which I really, really want, I searched around the net and found out what was wrong with it and how to fix it and have bought the new part from ebay.
    DS saw me doing it and asked what we were doing (DH was on the floor with my laptop in pieces while I was on his searching) so we explained. His (and DD's) opinion? Wow, you really can get EVERYTHING on ebay! 2 expensive items have died on us in 2 months and we have got instructions for repair from youtube and parts from ebay. Total cost of repair... £28.20. Cost to replace... IRO £900 :eek:

Angelavdavies; I keep meaning to say, good luck with the children. I remember when you bought your house on the original MFi3- seems like a long time ago!
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • Shaff
    Shaff Posts: 34 Forumite
    If you are attached to your stuff - you could store your clutter with your neighbours with storemates.co.uk for a small rental fee...
  • I know I'm a bit late, but better late than never - please can I join in. My house is a complete mess, and I need to get things better before September.

This weekend I helped DS2 to clear out under the bed. didn't keep a count of what we got rid of, but there were several old shoeboxes, and birthday and Christmas cards, from his infant school friends - he is 17 now!

Also put aside various items for geocaching goodies.

I also took advantage of the free listing weekend on ebay, and listed about 10 items, with others in my "to ebay" box. One item listed last week sold today.

So I will start with:
    1. Loo roll inside - recycling
    2. Old birthday/christmas cards
    3. Cardboard boxes - recycling
    4. Old, threadbare teatowel - ragbag
    5. Chocolates eaten - box to recycling
    6. Newspapers - recycling

6/100 February Decluttering:T
    Need to lose 23lb, but need help!:( DFW Weightwatcher: 5lb/26lb
    Decluttered in Feb - 49/100, Mar - 82/100
    Decluttered in April - 0/100
  • dinx1972
    dinx1972 Posts: 1,885 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Last post before I toddle off to bed.

13. A draw full of old appliance manuals - to recycling.
    14. Work box decluttered
    15. 5 drawer filing cabinet decluttered.
    16. 2 draw metal cabinet decluttered.

Ditch 100 in February 16/100

Have worked my butt off today and only managed to clear up one tiny corner of kitchen:(, am really frustrated with myself and have to keep telling myself "it has taken 6 years to get in this state, it's not a quick fix" - starting to become a bit like a mantra/chant:rotfl:.

Don't know how much progress will be made tomorrow as work for 2 hours am and then really MUST make a start on my learning journeys and get all 9 of them up to date:eek:.
    :j DEBT FREE FROM 01/01/11 :j
    Declutter 2012 - 191, 2013 - 26
  • Ditch 100 things in February

Well I was hoping to say I'd managed to get rid of 8 DVD's via facebook.... but I cant!
    One person was buying 2 and didnt turn up and hasnt answered my messages
    The other was adament he came and I wasnt in. I finally managed to convince him he had the wrong house after revealing that I have in fact only 2 wheely bins not three and I dont have a pink CD player on my microwave lol! He said he'll come again next week as hes moving house this week.

Have a ebay sale to post tomorrow and some library book to take back so fingers crossed I'll get my mojo back and continue when I get home.

I can add 2 carrier bags of carrier bags to someone on freecyle (no idea what for, presuming they are doing a car boot?)
    An a bag of sprouting potatoes to the compost, think they might actually continue growing lol I'll let you know :rotfl:

59/100 so far
  • cat04
    cat04 Posts: 644 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Not much to report as have been out and about quite a bit lately but will be getting back on track this week whilst the kids are off. It was my birthday on Sunday so there were quite a few ins, but lucky for the house most are consumable in some way (unlucky for my waistline though!!)

52. 2 rulers
    53. crayons
    54. colouring pencils
    55. pen
    56. stencil
    57. writing pencil
    58. Half of a broken plastic pencil case (other half was recycled several months ago!)
    59. Lots of packaging to recycling
    60. Make-up sample from bedroom used up and packaging binned

Items 52-58 are again things that the DDs have sorted out. I've binned general recycling, emptied bathroom and bedroom bins etc but not counting those, junk mail recycled straight away. Going to get on it today, lots to do mainly in the playroom.

60/100
    Extra savings aim for 2020 £4,000 £0/£4,000
    Original MF date Feb 2025. Currently Feb 2030:eek: Aiming for Jan 2025 :T
    Mortgage at [STRIKE]10/19 - £47,200[/STRIKE] 11/19 - £46,615
    :heart:My girls keep me going:heart:
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I had planned to be so much further down the line with it all but yesterday I just couldnt get going. Today I have an appt with physio ( tennis elbow !) and I have a sinus headache so feeling bleurgh! ENT appt tomorrow and promised to meet up with friend - the week is slipping by............... DD2 has cleared out cutlery drawers so I shall see if she has found anything to throw/pass on :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • The gas man has been this morning, servicing the boiler, so I have been pootling around, decluttering a few more bits:

7. Old socks
    8. magazines to recycling
    9. various bits of packaging
    10. last weeks tv magazine
    11. used envelopes
    12. clothes to charity bin
    13. junk mail

Need to do the weekly shop soon, so will take carrier bags for recycling!

13/100 for February
    Need to lose 23lb, but need help!:( DFW Weightwatcher: 5lb/26lb
    Decluttered in Feb - 49/100, Mar - 82/100
    Decluttered in April - 0/100
  • jess1011
    jess1011 Posts: 233 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2012 at 4:02PM
    Ditch 100 things in February

60 - ebay parcel posted
    61 - recycled packaging for above
    62-65 - library books returned
    66 - make up compact that I dont use binned