Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Blimey that's organised. I buy a couple of tins of quality street. I am a cheapskake. Max spend is £10. lol. :j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    I love giving books :) These ones are fab - a collection of 6 science fun books, one's about poo!!! 83p per child!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 August 2017 at 9:55AM
    Wow well done on all your organising and moneysaving KK. I'm sure your class will love the science books.

SW I think your class of 16 (?) year olds would prefer the Quality Street than the books on poo :rotfl:
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    edited 19 August 2017 at 3:33PM
    75p to Marmite jar
    50p to online savings in one bank account
    £1.90 to online savings in the other bank account

The science books have arrived and they're amazing!! I should have 4 left over, if I don't get any new children in class, but at least I have reserves if I do. The poo book will be fab to tie in with teaching human digestion which is the best science fun you can have in Year 4 :):)

I've had a fab time since I last wrote - I cooked KW and I 'hoops' (didn't realise that you can buy what we normally see as tinned hoops as real pasta) as a scrumptious veggie sausage pasta bake, for our dinner last night and we enjoyed an amazing bottle of white wine in beautiful wine glasses, both given by fabulous parents of lovely children in last year's class. Rather than buy me flowers, he bought me some Earl Grey tea, which is the only tea I love. I mentioned it the first time I went over to his flat, and have always either had a cold drink or coffee, but this morning, I delighted in a cup of tea :)

I took DD for her final Christmas present from my parents, a half hour driving experience. She looked like a natural, and even got up to 44mph!! I've going to earn a £10 off voucher for another lesson I hope by doing a survey, so she may get to go again....but maybe for Christmas as I really must save some money!!

We had a part picnic, part bought lunch, as we drove to a beautiful old pub that does the most amazing cheese rolls. I had just enough cash to get a cheddar and a Stilton roll for us, nomnom. We enjoyed our cherry tomatoes, cherries and white chocolate :)

Popped in to school to pick a courgette and some carrots from the veggie patch and walked along the path to pick some blackberries. Very nice!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Sounds like a lovely perfect summer's day! We went blackberry picking too!
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    54p to online savings this morning :)

Need to call my credit card company as I appear to have paid off some money to the wrong account within their company....hope they can transfer it without too much hassle!
  • Kittikins
    I have literally 0p in my purse and am going to take MissKitty for a swim later on - thankfully we are members of the swimming centre and I have my emergency £1 for the locker, so I'll take snacks and water for after and hopefully we can get there and back in one financial piece as it were!

My attempt to do some planning didn't go very well yesterday, I'm so easily sidetracked.....but time is pressing on and before I know it, I'll be back in the maelstrom of term-time. Today, I'm going to aim to update my old science plans for the term, it's a really dull topic about classification of animals, but hopefully a bit of Pinteresting and googling will help me spice it up a bit.
  • Kittikins
    After a successful NSD yesterday, I've just ordered some boots that are more likely to fit than the cheapy-will-cost-a-lot-to-return-them-and-they-don't-fit boots I bought off ebay.....but I got a 20% discount voucher and they are £48 rather than the £75 ones I saw earlier in the month.

Actually I say £48, I've ordered 2 different styles, one £48, the other £46 and I'm pondering the virtue of keeping both styles (if they fit) as it's not good to wear the same pair every day. I tend to wear boots to school (and often every day) as I live in trousers and they're easier. I hate all footwear, would rather be barefoot or in sandals, but it's not an option in this country :):(

I've just double-checked my credit card statement and the money I thought I'd paid into the wrong account did go through, yay! But grr, as it means my balance is ginormous!!!!

I've just paid £180 off it from my current accounts and once I've got CHB and hopefully maintenance in from my s*dding ex-husband, I'll be able to clear it all. Just hope he pays in time, failing which, I'll borrow from savings.
  • Kittikins
    Yay, another NSD today - kind of 3 in a row (I'm not counting the online purchase ;) )

Made a packed lunch at KW's this morning, went for a swim and felt very virtuous, before going into school (again, sigh), to have various meetings about things for next year. It would have been really good had people turned up when they said they would. I ended up being at school for 9 hours!!

Ah well, I got some more planning done....and the meetings were useful...

Moved 70p into online savings. Took out £10 from the bank but haven't broken into it yet.

Hopefully tomorrow can be a NSD as well. DD and my dad are going out for the day, and I, naturally, have tons of stuff I can be getting on with!!
  • Kittikins
    Can't sleep :( Too busy thinking about how I can ever afford to move DD and myself out and be independent again......*sigh*

I'm starting to stress about my main credit card, so I've moved money out of my car maintenance account and have paid it off. Once my ex's maintenance finally rocks up (a moveable feast, I never know when it's coming), I'll put that in to the car account and then find the rest from somewhere. Yup, he pays very little towards his child's upkeep, way less than £200/month. Grrr....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure