Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 14
  • Land Registry
    Thank you. Am I right that the Land Registry have 2 weeks in which to make the site visit (if one was needed)?
    Originally posted by goodwithsaving
    If a survey is requested we usually notify the applicant that a survey will take place within 2 weeks of our notification. There's no time limit as to our 'having to' complete the survey but the vast majority are made within that 2 week timeframe
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • magstar71
    • By magstar71 16th Nov 17, 9:53 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    magstar71
    Advice on Title Deeds
    Hello

I hope I have written in the correct section, I just need a bit of advice.

We are trying to sell our house and we noticed that on the land registry title which our conveyancer sent there is another section on the map that was not within the title deeds for our main property ( currently our oil tank is on that section not shown)

I digged a little into my old files and documents and in 2003 we had notice from the land registry that the above section mentioned has a different title deed number and it says we are the proprietor of this freehold section adjoining our main property. This shows the section we own not seen in the different title deed above.

So my question is, how can I find out if my mortgage company has both title deeds regarding the property and if not and only has the main title deed for the main property which my conveyancer has, does this mean I am able to sell off the other section without my mortgage company being involved as it is a different title deed number.

I hope this makes sense..
    • meggib
    • By meggib 16th Nov 17, 12:33 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    meggib
    Hi Land Registry

Can you answer queries for Scotland? or just England and Wales?

Thanks

Mary
  • Land Registry
    Hi Land Registry

Can you answer queries for Scotland? or just England and Wales?

Thanks

Mary
    Originally posted by meggib
    England and Wales I'm afraid. The Registers of Scotland cover Scotland but I don;t think they have a presence on MSE

If you try the wider MSE forum there are often posters happy to comment on questions relevant to the proces sin Scotland though
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,780Posts Today

9,460Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin