Cross Stitch Cafe 2017 - do more of what makes you happy

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 October 2017 at 11:20PM
    Options
    I knew you'd finish it by Halloween, Congrats Coxy :j I've noticed since I last posted photobucket has changed and you can longer link to photos without upgrading, also all my previous pictures no longer show in my posts. I'm switching to flickr when I upload my next progress photo, hopefully that one remains free.
    Sorry the doctor was no help, i'm a huge believer in natural remedies, its helped with my OH's illnesses and my pets.

This is what i'm going to start soon
    37996522856_cdbae0ca8c_z.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh nmm I love the bauble wreath. Was that from a magazine as it looks familiar? I've been knitting Christmas angels this week for a yarn bombing effort at church so no stitching for me. I am severely lacking in motivation to get on and finish Collecting Shells. I might get it out tomorrow and have a look at what's still to do. I think it's mainly half cross stitch for the background (beach) and some of the girls hair which is about 10 different shades of brown :(
    Wish me luck!
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Good luck Coxy I don't envy that task, the Christmas angels sound adorable. The Bauble Wreath is from a magazine I can't remember which one, i'll hunt it out and let you know.
    It seems to be only me and you here atm, maybe some regualrs might re-appear soon for the annual Caf! tradition, if not do you want to do a little Christmas exchange with each other? It's the one thing I look forward to the most :xmassmile
  • nmm
    Options
    Baubles & Bows Chart is from Cross Stitcher Issue 285 November 2014
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Hope everyone is alright sorry I've not been in for ages, I'm currently working on a bothy threads kit called thumbelina really enjoying it
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Hello cross stitchers :hello:
    I recognise the names of the posters on this 2017 thread so I hope some of you may remember me.:). I’d love to join in again if you’ll have me.
    It has literally been years since I posted a message in the Cafe but then I haven’t really done any cross stitching during that period either. It’s been an eventful couple of years including moving house, retiring from full time work, DH having another heart attack and various other family events, some good, others not so good.
    Moving house after 35 Years forced me to reevaluate my enormous stitching and crafting stash and so I’ve been selling and giving away lots of it and have had very little time for stitching. I finished a Shepherd’s Bush stocking in September which was started in April 2015 and also completed the stitching on a small Christmas Stitchery piece which needs to be made into a little hanging.
    But I would now like to get back to spending some time (but not money) on my favourite hobby. I saw that the Christmas card exchange has been mentioned and I’d love to take part. I would even volunteer to organise it if that helps It will be jsunthe thing to get me back into stitching but with a small project on a deadline.
    I loved the purchases that Coxy made at the show and that bauble wreath is stunning nmm

Happy stitching everyone
  • nmm
    Options
    Welcome back FOS, of course we remember you, glad you're able to get back to cross stitching. It's been very quiet in here this year and no-one is doing the exchange, I would love to send and receive a card to anyone who wants to join in. I was just saying to my OH this morning that's it's the first year we've not exchanged which made me quite sad :(

On a positive note, I did make a start on the bauble wreath, I will post a picture shortly.
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Thanks nmm. We'll do a card exchange even if we're the only ones Like you I love it and keep all my stitched cards. Some of them have been put into coasters which are part of my Christmas decorations and will come out at the weekend ��
  • nmm
    Options
    That would be great FOS, i'll get my card stitched by this weekend, got some nice sparkly aida to use. I hope some others might join in too its a great tradition we have.
  • nmm
    Options
    I have completed a card ready to exchange, sorry it took a little longer than planned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport