PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Moved out on 30 may and still not had deposit back and agents not responding

123457»

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    :beer:

:T

:j

:bdaycake:

:dance:

:smileyhea
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    G_M wrote: »
    :beer:

:T

:j

:bdaycake:

:dance:

:smileyhea

Think I need a drink! It's five o'clock somewhere....
  • Ok so it's now the 16th of July and still heard absolutely nothing back from either the landlord or the agents so what are my next steps?

I might understand how a landlord might try and avoid contact but I can't understand how a supposedly reputable company with a name to uphold are ignoring all communication; not even giving any kind of made up reason why I haven't been paid just total radio silence.

Anyway, what to do now?
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ok so it's now the 16th of July and still heard absolutely nothing back from either the landlord or the agents so what are my next steps?

I might understand how a landlord might try and avoid contact but I can't understand how a supposedly reputable company with a name to uphold are ignoring all communication; not even giving any kind of made up reason why I haven't been paid just total radio silence.

Anyway, what to do now?

Hmmmm, what to do now? Try reading the advice you've already been given in this thread, your previous thread, and G_M's useful guide to Deposits: payment, protection and return, and take some action. Alternatively do eff all and chalk it up to experience.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Have you actually been to the Agents premises in person?
  • brinkytwiddleee
    brinkytwiddleee Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2017 at 11:55AM
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Have you actually been to the Agents premises in person?

I don't live in the same region any more.

Ah I see the info is here

http://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/tenancy_deposits/court_action_for_a_tenancy_deposit_refund

If I no longer live in the city where I used to rent the property and the landlord also wasn't from there where would I actually be going to court to make the claim? My current city or I would have to travel back to the old one? Do you need to go in person at all or can you just send the relevant information?
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 July 2017 at 6:18PM
    Ok so it's now the 16th of July and still heard absolutely nothing back from either the landlord or the agents so what are my next steps?

Anyway, what to do now?
    it is quite remarkable that you ask such a question after so many posts, it suggests you really do not want to resolve this?

- visit the agency in person, you have their address, you don't leave until you get an answer

- I've only skim read the thread, but if the "letter" you sent was the letter before action you were told to do then now TAKE LEGAL ACTION . If you are still of the view expressed earlier that you won't then this thread is at an end because that is the end point.
    I don't live in the same region any more.
    then it is obvious that the amount of money involved is not enough that you care enough - give up, walk away and move on with your life.
  • SnooksNJ
    SnooksNJ Posts: 829 Forumite
    I spoke to my mum last night and agreed I will put my address on.

If I am an illegal then you should all give me a round of applause for learning the language so well.

I know a few American's being loosey goosey with UK immigration laws and surprisingly they speak English quite well.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    SnooksNJ wrote: »
    I know a few American's being loosey goosey with UK immigration laws and surprisingly they speak English quite well.
    LOL. Spelling, dear boy.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

Anyway, what to do now?

I have read whole thread and from what I gather since you don't want to bother with court, then nothing, write it off. Unless you changed your mind?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure