The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Passport Interview - What Questions do they Ask?

Comments

• jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    The interview and questions are merely to prove your identity, not to prove your eligibility of being a British citizen.
  • and your financial information - you will be fine
    Titch :)
  • Hi.. I have got my passport interview monday, And i am really worryed now..

What questions will they ask me, I am sure they am going to ask for my full name adress etc.

Will they ask for my moms and dads DOB.. I only no me moms, And the month and yr of me dads. But not the day.

Could any1 give me a idea what other questions they will ask me..

Many thanks
  • Janeyjaz
    Janeyjaz Posts: 544 Forumite
    if you don't know dates - tell them that you don't and why
    all they are trying to do is prove you are the owner of that id -don't be nervous they are lovely
    Titch :)
  • :AHello, nothing to panic or worry about and have sleepless nights. My wife went and she was surprised how not nerveracking it was, so the questions:

1) Postcode of where you live.
    2) Your full name and spelling.
    3) Your parners name.
    4) Your date of birth.
    5) Your husbands date of birth.
    6) Your Mothers full name.
    7) Where was your mother born.
    8) Your fathers full name.
    9) Where was your father born.
    10) The date you got married.
    11) How long have you been in the uk.
    12) How many children do you have.
    13) Your childrens date of births and there age.
    14) Who countersigned the application and your picture.
    15) How do you know the countersigner and where does he live.
    16) What does the countersigner do, his job.
    17) Is your house a terraced, semi detached or what.
    18) How many bedrooms do you have.
    19) What didi you send withn your passport application and how much did you pay. how did you pay, cash/creditcard.
    20) How many brothers and sisters do you have.
    21) Do you own your house or what are the circumstances.
    22) When you first came to the uk where did you live.

Some questions asked at the beginning where asked again towards the end. And thats it, her passport came three days afterwards. Good luck and dont worry its quite straight forward as you have nothing to hide so just be honest! oh and if you dont know the answers to the questions just say i dont know, dont lie. Hope this helps.:T
  • i will be attending my interview on Thursday i am glad that i have read these comments they have put my mind to rest however i know i will get cross if they ask me my doctors age. :beer:
  • FNLTC
    FNLTC Posts: 2 Newbie
    If you type 'passport questions' into google, there is a link called potential passport interview questions, from the Telegraph. We did some cribbing based around these. My son was asked things about his bank, mobile phone provision, parents DOB and place of birth, his countersignatory. Glad we went over basic info like this, as some things he wouldn't have known and not really had a reason to. He was also asked the names and ages of his brothers (got their ages wrong of all things!). His signature was checked too. He was done in under 20 minutes.
  • Copjunk2
    Copjunk2 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Colleague at work's boyfriend had his interview yesterday and was asked what he could see out of his bedroom window! Was also asked things like his father's occupation when he was born. They obviously do a fair amount of background checking.
  • poppie123
    poppie123 Posts: 957
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My friend had her interview on Monday and received her passport today.:D

One of the questions she was asked was describe the inside layout of your house.
  • alwaysskint96
    alwaysskint96 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Cant see how many of thnose questions are relevant tbh. What a farce
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills