Help Please re: PPI Consumer Questionnaire

Brief Summary : - Complaint with FOS re miss sold PPI by Norton on a Picture Loan, following an acknowledgement of our complaint from the FOS stating they are contacting the business, they have asked we complete and return a PPI Consumer Questionnaire.

Would be grateful to recieve some advise/guidance on a couple of questions....

C.2 What did you borrow the money for ? (please give details)

How much detail do we need to give ? it was to consolidate quite a few debts, creditcards and a couple of loans, do we need to provide individual amounts and names of companies we owed the money to ?

D.6 Did you have nay other means of making your repayments - if you were unable to wrok through sickness, accident or unemployment ? (eg savings, other insurance, relying on relatives/friends)

Again how much detail should we give here, We do not want to jepodise our complaint, as we had little other means, our complaint is that it was single premium, joint cover even though I was not working, not portable life cover as were lead to believe etc.,

Thank you

Clare.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Spud63 wrote: »
    Brief Summary : - Complaint with FOS re miss sold PPI by Norton on a Picture Loan, following an acknowledgement of our complaint from the FOS stating they are contacting the business, they have asked we complete and return a PPI Consumer Questionnaire.

Would be grateful to recieve some advise/guidance on a couple of questions....

C.2 What did you borrow the money for ? (please give details)

How much detail do we need to give ? it was to consolidate quite a few debts, creditcards and a couple of loans, do we need to provide individual amounts and names of companies we owed the money to ?

D.6 Did you have nay other means of making your repayments - if you were unable to wrok through sickness, accident or unemployment ? (eg savings, other insurance, relying on relatives/friends)

Again how much detail should we give here, We do not want to jepodise our complaint, as we had little other means, our complaint is that it was single premium, joint cover even though I was not working, not portable life cover as were lead to believe etc.,

Thank you

Clare.

Hi Clare

These Questionnaires seem to be the norm now, but what I believe many do is next to the questions is write:

(Please refer to my letter dated XX/XX/XXXX - where you will find the information you require to this question)
    And
    (Please refer to my account details you hold on me - from when this policy was sold to me - the information you require when these questions were asked when this was sold to me should be on file).

And/or answer to the best of your knowledge if you can, you will be okay.

Good luck.;)

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Spud63
    Spud63 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Thank Di,

Just feeling very edgy about it all and knowing its going to take a age to resolve, either way, I just don't want to stick myself up.

Clare.
  • di3004
    Thank Di,

Just feeling very edgy about it all and knowing its going to take a age to resolve, either way, I just don't want to stick myself up.

Clare.

That's okay Clare.

These questionnaires they send are also known to be used as a stalling tactic as well, and they must still comply by the 8 weeks they have.

The annoying thing is they are asking questions that they should already be aware of from when they sold you the policy, and yet they are asking these questions all over again.;)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The questionnaires serve a few purposes.

1 - to find out the information they have on file (which may be very little or could be a lot) is correct or incorrect.

2 - to find out if you are telling lies in your complaint.

3 - its information the FOS would need to know if the complaint goes to them. So, finding out beforehand allows them to either uphold without involving the FOS or reject as you have no grounds.

The complaints handler needs to know some facts. If you are telling the truth, the facts should not harm your complaint and should actually improve your chances. If you are making a fraudulent complaint then the facts could well harm you complaint.

Questionnaires are increasingly being use because of template letters that dont personalise the reasons for the complaint correctly.

It does buy companies some time but the main objective is really to try and weed out those that are trying it on.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Spud63
    dunstonh wrote: »
    The questionnaires serve a few purposes.

1 - to find out the information they have on file (which may be very little or could be a lot) is correct or incorrect.

2 - to find out if you are telling lies in your complaint.

3 - its information the FOS would need to know if the complaint goes to them. So, finding out beforehand allows them to either uphold without involving the FOS or reject as you have no grounds.

The complaints handler needs to know some facts. If you are telling the truth, the facts should not harm your complaint and should actually improve your chances. If you are making a fraudulent complaint then the facts could well harm you complaint.

Questionnaires are increasingly being use because of template letters that dont personalise the reasons for the complaint correctly.

It does buy companies some time but the main objective is really to try and weed out those that are trying it on.

I would hate to think that anyone thought I was trying it on !!! I guess what I am saying is ..... apart from sick pay and redundancy from my husbands employer, we would not really have had other payment protection insurance as a means to repay the loan, thus would the FOS then consider we would have needed the PPI, even though it was not explained properly, was a single premium, was joint cover and only one of us working etc.,

With regards to the purpose of the loan.....It was for debt consolidation, does the FOS need to know all the different creditcards etc., not that is a problem, just was not sure of the purpose.

Finally this Questionnaire was sent to me by the FOS and not the company I am complaining against. I have actually found a copy which I had completed online a month or so back, but did not send it with my original complaint as I thought it was supposed to be sent to the Company who I am complaining about. As I had, had a final response from them, did not think I should send it to them. Will now print off and send to FOS.

Clare
  • di3004
    I would hate to think that anyone thought I was trying it on !!! I guess what I am saying is ..... apart from sick pay and redundancy from my husbands employer, we would not really have had other payment protection insurance as a means to repay the loan, thus would the FOS then consider we would have needed the PPI, even though it was not explained properly, was a single premium, was joint cover and only one of us working etc.,

With regards to the purpose of the loan.....It was for debt consolidation, does the FOS need to know all the different creditcards etc., not that is a problem, just was not sure of the purpose.

Finally this Questionnaire was sent to me by the FOS and not the company I am complaining against. I have actually found a copy which I had completed online a month or so back, but did not send it with my original complaint as I thought it was supposed to be sent to the Company who I am complaining about. As I had, had a final response from them, did not think I should send it to them. Will now print off and send to FOS.

Clare

Hi Clare

I mis read your post earlier and thought it was from the bank themselves lol.
    Yes the FOS have recently issued Questionnaires to use instead of using template letters, as these questionnaires seem to cover all grounds of PPI reclaiming.

You will find one on Stage one of reclaiming further down the page on Martin's link here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Good luck.:)

Di
  • Spud63
    Thanks Di

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories