warm home discount scheme

Options

Comments

• Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    cidergirl I can check your WHD for you if you e-mail details to [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] thanks David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Bryando
    Bryando Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    I was told by British Gas I should get a letter with a bar code by the end of last month. Letter not arrived, should I wait a few more days? Is a British Gas rep here?
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    andrew-b wrote: »
    Has anyone approached Ofgem over this WHD fiasco yet? Trying to get through to scottish power on the 0800 027 27000 number - 20 minutes wait so far.
    have you tried e mailing them?

i sent an e mail on saturday and they replied yesterday.
    when i rang they said they couldnt access the information anyway.
  • Scottish_Power
    Options
    Andrew I am still working to resolve this for you. David
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Troutwrestler
    Options
    Hi

I'm in the same predicament with scottish power. I was told I had to top up a minimum of £20 to get my whd applied. I was instructed to do this twice, no whd was applied to my meter. I was emailing a representative of scottish power who assured me the payment would be on my meter by today.
    Unsurprisingly it's not. And he's now not responding to emails.

Can anyone help because I'm getting a bit frustrated tbh
    Its all mind over matter. I don't mind and you don't matter:rotfl:
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

I'm in the same predicament with scottish power. I was told I had to top up a minimum of £20 to get my whd applied. I was instructed to do this twice, no whd was applied to my meter. I was emailing a representative of scottish power who assured me the payment would be on my meter by today.
    Unsurprisingly it's not. And he's now not responding to emails.

Can anyone help because I'm getting a bit frustrated tbh

sounds a load of rubbish to me, I've been using the same retailer to top up my key and last few weeks, today I topped up just £5 and the £130 has gone on the meter, and i'm with Scottish power.
    They have to send a message to the top-up machine for the key to be updated with the £130, so best to use the same retailer for 4 or so top-ups, value doesn't matter.
  • Scottish_Power
    Options
    Hi Troutwrestler. I'm sorory to hear this. I don't know why you were advised you needed to top up by £20, minimum top up (£5) is sufficient although it can take up to three top-ups to get the credit. If I can help further please e-mail me at [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] Thanks David
  • Troutwrestler
    Options
    I have now been told my account has wrong series number for my meter??
    How on earth do I sort that out
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have now been told my account has wrong series number for my meter??
    How on earth do I sort that out
    thats how i lost out on mine last year!

they had the wrong meters noted for the 6 properties. and even after the tenants established which meter belonged to which property, they were still not satisifed that the imformation was correct.
    the simple solution would have been for scottish power to send someone to check, but instead they referred the matter back to the builders.
    by the time they were eventually confident that the information i had provided in november was accurate, it was hebruary last year and too late to apply for the WHD.
    their response was to credit my account with £20.
    they didnt seem to think it was important that my loss was £100 more!
  • Troutwrestler
    Options
    Well I have escalated to a complaint and I'm in touch with someone from head office. I will not take no for an answer on this, they ave had this problem with my meter for over a year and it's up to them to rectify it.
    Otherwise looks like I will have to take my complaint further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport