AMAZON on BBC1 Undercover

Staff walking over 8 miles on a shift! Working in the dark too with a count down on the scanner used to 'pick' stock' off the shelves.
We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    A day off sick = 1 point
    Get sent home for being sick = 1 point

2 points final warning
    3 points see you later
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • In fairness the staff are told at the interview stage that they would be expected to walk that sort of distances.

Of course they could always automate the warehouse but I guess Amazon would be panned for that as well
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • Who would have thought that tax dodging scum bags would treat their staff like battery rats ?
  • AP007
    In fairness the staff are told at the interview stage that they would be expected to walk that sort of distances.

Of course they could always automate the warehouse but I guess Amazon would be panned for that as well
    8 miles is not short is it?
  • Finding items in that amount of time is crazy, I work for a toy shop doing the click and collect, if you click something I go get it and reserve it for you, I have 20 minutes to find something and it's not always as easy as it would seem to get it done in 20 mins! (I don't get a scanner lol) They must lose a load of weight doing that amount of walking, I only do it in the store and what warehouse we have, running around it for 19 hours a week and i have lost a bit from that in the short amount of time I've been working there. I couldn't do that for that amount of time, big up to those who can and do though!
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The government allow amazon to get away with no/very little tax, the prices are cheap, we buy from them because of it, they run a tight operation, push out legitimate competition, how long can other survive, long enough for the government to change the rules, who knows....
  • Denning.
    Denning. Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    AP007 wrote: »
    8 miles is not short is it?

It is not far either, NHS guidance is to walk 10 miles a day...

I'm not saying the rules aren't harsh, but they aren't unreasonable.
  • Good on Amazon, not doing anything illegal.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • AP007
    Denning. wrote: »
    It is not far either, NHS guidance is to walk 10 miles a day...

I'm not saying the rules aren't harsh, but they aren't unreasonable.
    Really? Who the hell walks 10 miles a day.10,000 steps is 10 miles?

I used to walk only about 2,000 probably do nothing like that now.
  • [QUOTE=Denning.;63885016]It is not far either, NHS guidance is to walk 10 miles a day...

Where does the NHS say that? They dont say that anywhere at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure