The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I have free wifi in the hotel so will still be able to give you all a challenge on Monday :D I'll think up something cool. Now, best pack I need to leave the house in 7hrs!!!
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    Shrewbie wrote: »
    Thanks Mrs Addicted to Spending for your Yoga tips. Sorry, the post was too far back for a quote!! I have been putting this on the back burner due to OH and I going through a very rough patch - almost splitting up. :-( on the plus side this means debt busting and waist-line busting as I tend to hibernate in these situations and not want to visit the shops or eat.... oh dear !!!!!:o

Sorry to hear this Shrewbie hope you and OH can patch things up. Have a :grouphug: Good news about the silver lining though!! :)
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • 1stTimer
    1stTimer Posts: 155 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    1stTimer – payday for you tomorrow!!!
    Hey mf0u1098
    is it really.... can't say i've noticed :cool: arrgh who am i kidding i live for this day now! :j

£650 paid off so new totals
    #352 £1792.83 / £6219.78

sorry i have to post and dash must really catch up on the thread this weekend, but hope everyone is doing well

It's friday!!! :beer:
    Intrum 1 £7250 / 6144.16 / £5726.16
    Intrum 2 £4753 / £4130.33 /£3853.33
    PRA 1 £4088 / £3848.22 / £3578.22
    PRA 2 £1370 / £1284.19 / £1194.19
    Cabot £1505 / £0
    Virgin Money £1035 / £0
    Tesco £2232 / £0 
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :mad::mad::mad::mad: RANT ALERT! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh, I am sooooooo annoyed with DH!

He dicded to buy a ticket to see his fave band in London (£80) decided he was going to stay over the night before as well as after the gig so he could get a good spot (£120 B&B for the 2 nights) He decided he would get the train even though we don't pay for diesel so he wouldn't have to worry about parking etc (£50 return) THEN last night on FB I read that he's actually going to see the same band do the same gig on the first night too (another £80!) So all in all his little jolly is costing £330 not including food and booze :eek:

And he wonders why we're in debt!:mad:

Even more annoyed because, when we booked the cruise, he said we'd really need to save, cut back a bit on luxuries. I agreed I'd budget better for food etc.. wouldn't buy unnecessary craft items as I have loads to use up, just small things to save money then he does this! Obviously, going to see his fave band 2 nights in a row must be considered as a necessity. I daren't even speak to him today as I am so livid :mad:

On the debtbusting front 9 days til my final loan repayment. Had loads of miscalls and answerphone messages from bank asking to call them, nothing to worry about, blah blah... In other words, they want to try and flog me a new loan and their new signature "with lots of freebies you don't need for only £12 a month" account. Not falling for that trick again. They didn't bother to ring me when they stopped my debit card due to possible fraudulent activity did they? :rotfl:
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    his_missus wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad: RANT ALERT! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh, I am sooooooo annoyed with DH!

He dicded to buy a ticket to see his fave band in London (£80) decided he was going to stay over the night before as well as after the gig so he could get a good spot (£120 B&B for the 2 nights) He decided he would get the train even though we don't pay for diesel so he wouldn't have to worry about parking etc (£50 return) THEN last night on FB I read that he's actually going to see the same band do the same gig on the first night too (another £80!) So all in all his little jolly is costing £330 not including food and booze :eek:

And he wonders why we're in debt!:mad:

Even more annoyed because, when we booked the cruise, he said we'd really need to save, cut back a bit on luxuries. I agreed I'd budget better for food etc.. wouldn't buy unnecessary craft items as I have loads to use up, just small things to save money then he does this! Obviously, going to see his fave band 2 nights in a row must be considered as a necessity. I daren't even speak to him today as I am so livid :mad:

On the debtbusting front 9 days til my final loan repayment. Had loads of miscalls and answerphone messages from bank asking to call them, nothing to worry about, blah blah... In other words, they want to try and flog me a new loan and their new signature "with lots of freebies you don't need for only £12 a month" account. Not falling for that trick again. They didn't bother to ring me when they stopped my debit card due to possible fraudulent activity did they? :rotfl:

Rant away his missus, rant away :D

Dh's got to love them, I learnt a long time ago when DH says 'we have to cut back' he really means I have to cut back . . . I find a lot of shouting and a big frying pan work wonders in these situations, if you havent got a big enough one, let me know and i'll lend you my supersized wok :rotfl:
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    jakes-mum wrote: »
    Rant away his missus, rant away :D

Dh's got to love them, I learnt a long time ago when DH says 'we have to cut back' he really means I have to cut back . . . I find a lot of shouting and a big frying pan work wonders in these situations, if you havent got a big enough one, let me know and i'll lend you my supersized wok :rotfl:

I don't really want to dent either my wok or my large frying pan, they're both quite new.;) Now, my rolling pin on the other hand...:rotfl:
  • mrso2b
    mrso2b Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Used my bonus to pay off and close the Egg card, so £672.60 to add to the total:

152 mrso2b £2850.27/£12,000

However, my happiness is shortlived as the Halifax card 0% deal has come to an end and has shot up to 23.9% charging £50 interest a month! Add that to my Bcard that charges similar and I feel back to square flipping one!
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Oh no, I've just seen I need to get my skates on if I want to be No. 5 on the DFBX12 roll of honour! I can cash in my shares in August which will pay most of it off but that's still a couple of months away!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • camuk81
    camuk81 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning from a miserable wet bus lane in leeds. Just thought I would log on and sayI have paid off two loans this morning. Big update later today.

So happy I could cry.
  • It was ok, bizarrely they didn't do everything they said they were going to though. I have to go back in 4 weeks for a check up but can return to work in 2 weeks. I'm hoping I don't actually fly before my check up though as I'd feel much happier waiting until after. I did have a 5 hour long nose bleed before they let me out which was tedious. Just tired now as hardly slept last night! Trying to get Mr S to run around after me but as it's his birthday I'm not having much luck!

Very annoying, I just got an email to say I won a pair of tickets to the Brave premiere at Edinburgh Festival on 30th June with flights and overnight accommodation, plus tickets to the closing gala night. I can't go as I can't fly for 2 weeks! Would have been fun!

Glad you are OK after your op :). Shame about Edinburgh but it's best to get yourself better then you can do what you like!
    Well some bad news in the jakesmum household, DH got his notice letter from work today, so back we go to the temp agencies and job seekers website :( I seriously believe there is now no company in the cambrigeshire area that does not have his CV on file :(

He's disappeared off down the shed as it always knocks his confidence :( I do feel for him as he works so bloomin hard at every job but its never good enough :(

Well back I go to see if ive missed any jobs anywhere
    Ahh ty all, good news is that I got straight on the Internet and sent some applications off on the email, he got a phone call 20 mins later from one sending him down the road for an interview :eek: and they offered him the position! Only a months work but gives me time to apply for more jobs while he still works. I think I take the prize for jammiest person of the day don't I? :rotfl:

Hi Jake's Mum - sorry you are having such a hard time of it but it's great that you've managed to find something temporary at least. I wish you luck finding something more permanent (well as permanent as it can be in this horrible job market).
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income