Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - Someone elses name

Hi All

I'm really sorry if this post shouldn't go here or if it's already been answered. I had a quick scout around but couldn't find the answer anyway.

A friend has given me some Tesco Clubcard vouchers £7 in value plus the vouchers they send for extra points etc... Would I be able to use these vouchers? Has anyone tried to use someone elses vouchers? I'm a bit reluctant to try if I'm going to get stopped at the checkout as they will probably think I'm up-to-no-good! Could I also use them online to buy a deals voucher? I've looked on the teco website but can't find anything on there either.

Rebecca

Comments

• rebeccauk wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm really sorry if this post shouldn't go here or if it's already been answered. I had a quick scout around but couldn't find the answer anyway.

A friend has given me some Tesco Clubcard vouchers £7 in value plus the vouchers they send for extra points etc... Would I be able to use these vouchers? Has anyone tried to use someone elses vouchers? I'm a bit reluctant to try if I'm going to get stopped at the checkout as they will probably think I'm up-to-no-good! Could I also use them online to buy a deals voucher? I've looked on the teco website but can't find anything on there either.

Rebecca

I'm pretty sure you can use them in store but I would use them to get some deals £28 worth!

...failing that borrow yr mates clubcard!
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You can use them instore (although some staff members might not take them - not many though). Do you have a Clubcard keyfob thingie - as they are not named - so you could use that with the vouchers no problem. :)

You can't convert them online into deals as they have to be sent to the same address where they were issued. So you could ask the friend to convert them for you and then give them to you. :)
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I tried to use my sisters vouchers, they told me no as I didn't have the relevent clubcard, and my cash card was in another name- they check in my store. But haveing said this, I have used them in the past at other stores and gotten away with it- I guess it depends on the SA and if you talk to them/know them, it could help I guess.
  • If you go via the self scan tills, the points coupons will be accepted as the tills can't check the name. The £7 coupon does come up "approval needed" (the tills do this for other things like alcohol too), but the person manning these tills usually just hit the aprooval button
  • emma396
    emma396 Posts: 760 Forumite
    i use my parents all the time and vice versa. noones ever said anything to either.
  • Hi guys, could anyone help with these club card vouchers, I keep seeing them advertised on ebay, if i bought them off ebay how would i use them for say BA miles or to book hotels or days out, am i missing something? if there not transferable how would i check into a hotel or book a BA flight or go to Alton towers???????
    sorry if i sound daft but never used the tesco vouchers before, although i do have a keyfob.
    thx for reading
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    They must be transferable as so many people on ebay buy them
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    emweaver wrote: »
    They must be transferable as so many people on ebay buy them

Yes, but don't people only use the vouchers they buy on eBay if the seller converts them into 'transferrable' Deals? I have bought a fair few from eBay in the past, and just asked the seller to convert them to Days Out or Restaurant Deals (the surname on them doesn't matter and you can also use them for any Deals code starting with an S so they are flexible).

For instance Holiday Deals in another name would be little use to someone else as I think this would be checked and the name has to match someone on the booking. I suppose someone could book a UK break with the name of one of the party matching the surname of the person on the Deals voucher - so then the names would match!

But you wouldn't/shouldn't be able to use a stranger's Deals for a holiday abroad (as the names on the booking obviously have to be correct to match your passport). And I think some Goldsmiths ask for ID to match the name on Goldsmiths Deals as well so using those Deals in another name would be chancing it.

OP, don't ask Tesco. The answer is 'no' you are not supposed to use someone else's vouchers...:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :cool:

If it were me though, I would use the smaller 50p off coupons etc. with your own keyfob if you want to buy the items stated at the till. And I would ask your friend if they mind if you convert £6.25 of their £7 voucher to £25 in S code Deals (see Tesco Deals website, I think it has to be a multiple of £1.25). These Deals will then arrive at their addy and have their surname on. Will they still pass the Deals to you though - if you are sure they will then go ahead & convert some to 'transferrable' (in theory, any S-code) Deals.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • So if I buy Alton Towers Teco vouchers on Ebay but they are not in my name will I be albe to use them - will they check - would hate to be turned away at the gate or worse still have to pay full price!!
    Information is Power!! ;)
  • kalonasum wrote: »
    So if I buy Alton Towers Teco vouchers on Ebay but they are not in my name will I be albe to use them - will they check - would hate to be turned away at the gate or worse still have to pay full price!!

You should be OK with Alton Towers vouchers, Merlin Passes, Bella Italia Vouchers and things like that.
    The surname doesn't matter. :)

Also, i think with the Alton Towers & Merlin passes there's a form where you fill YOUR details in anyway or the seller can fill the form in (as a "gift" for someone), giving them YOUR name - so it shouldn't be a problem. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure