Traditional market research

which is part of the Get paid for your opinion section

Please feel free to add your comments, suggestions or questions
Just click reply

Comments

• Maddie
    Maddie Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have a friend who works for a market research company, would she be allowed to give details of work available here, or is that classed as advertising?
    Proud to be a moneysaver! :cool:
  • struggling to make money from market research sites. making lots of 'points' - apparently will need a lot more before i can redeem them - then it is against stuff i don't want/need not cash! any tips?
  • lolarentt
    lolarentt Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    Many years ago I worked for a number of Market Research companies part/spare time, including the original Gallup Poll. The work varied from "who would you vote for" surveys, to consumer products, and included trips abroad (surveys for ABTA), newspaper and magazine readership awareness and all sorts of interesting stuff. Does anyone know of any companies now that take on part time interviewers for this sort of work. The companies I knew I think are all long gone now.
  • hi all

I am considering signing up for some of these online survey things. One of them states that there is a 'registration fee'. Is this a scam or is it legit? Also are these a viable way of making some extra cash? I desperately want to get rid of some of my debt.

If the surveys are not the way to go, has anyone got any tips for way of making some extra cash?
    Debt Free Since May 2015:beer:
  • london_fox wrote: »
    hi all

I am considering signing up for some of these online survey things. One of them states that there is a 'registration fee'. Is this a scam or is it legit? Also are these a viable way of making some extra cash? I desperately want to get rid of some of my debt.

If the surveys are not the way to go, has anyone got any tips for way of making some extra cash?

Personally I would never sign up for something like that. No way should you have to pay to work for them.
  • Globaltestmarket pays by cheque, a few others offer the option of paypal payments. But I would look at it more as a way of funding presents/treats for yourself/stuff you could buy with vouchers then put on ebay than as a good cash earner. DON'T get involved with anyone who asks you to pay a registration fee - there are loads and loads of reputable market research companies that don't charge you, it's not a normal requirement.
  • Hi i'm new here, How do you start making money?
    What do i have to do?
    :j
  • Don't ever pay for information. There are free sites like http://www.whichsurveys.com where you'll find a long list of survey companies. I think they've got 4 pages just on UK surveys.
  • So if you go on them links you start making money stright away?
  • You won't be getting a cheque in the post tomorrow but if you sign up today you could start receiving survey invitations almost immediately. Some companies pay at the end of each survey eg Pinecone Research (£4 in LVs) and ACOP (usually £3 cash) but most require you to reach a minimum amount at which point you can request payment. This can be as low as £5 or £10 but is sometimes as high as £50, and is sometimes in gift vouchers (you can usually choose from a range). Although £50 might seem high, the ones with the higher limits eg Yougov and GTM are among the most active so it doesn't take too long and in fact both of these have a referral program as well so you earn extra when you tell your friends about the sites. (You might need to doublecheck with Yougov as they've jut revamped their site and might have changed this)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure