May the (NST) force be with you

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Need to catch up - haven't been online for a few days due to busy, long days at work at 2 schools (mock exams and GCSE exam prep/ admin) and kids activities on an evening taking that time. Did have a day off work on Thurs - smalls' school was closed as it was used as a polling station, so we went to Leg0land (using Tesc0 clubcard vouchers, of course! :D) - great day out. Took a packed lunch, but did pick up a McDs on the way home, as we weren't getting back until gone 7pm, and that's too late for the smalls to be eating (bed is before/ at 8) Obviously had to spend on some leg0 whilst there :D - but the boys used some of their own money, so the cost to us was £20 - not *too* bad! Boys declared the day to be 'awesome' and 'epic' - so I think it was a success! (We didn't tell them until the morning we went - boy, did they get ready quickly!!!!)

Am all behind on even washing and ironing (rare for me to fall behind on laundry) due to tiredness and feeling ill (headaches and nausea - probably from overtiredness) much of this week - first load of the weekend on now and then will have probably 2 more today (swimming lessons this morning) - should then see it done - just the ironing, which I will start tonight

Grateful for:
    * looking like dry weather today!
    * c1ubcard vouchers meaning a cheap fun day out
    * extra hours at work this week - meaning more £ in my pay at some point (even if it has meant I've been exhausted)
    * my mum being a star and doing both morning and afternoon school runs - and then being with smalls until I got home later than planned each day
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mothernerd - youmay be on the naughty chaise longue, but I envisage you dressed elegantly doing your cross stitch whilst there!

I love this :D
    This morning I am grateful for not having any school related work to do. I am also grateful for paracetamol because I've woken up with a headache and sore throat. Boo hiss.
    I am also grateful for Saturday morning catch up with bestie over a coffee.
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Haven't posted for a couple of days.
    Thursday is usually my day off, but I attended a seminar for work. Had to pop out afterwards to buy pup a new collar (and a couple of chews). Then my music lesson & my weekly catch up with my bestie. We took pup for a stroll around the park.
    Yesterday I was invited out for a couple of drinks after work. I don't drink often, so the 3 pints I had were just enough, I was nicely buzzed, and no spinning head.

Today I am out for a coffee with a couple of friends, so 3 spend days in a row, but all low spends.

NSDs - 03/20 - Stuck at 3.
    Go outside - Out for coffee later.
    Daily gratitudes - Friends & putting the world to rights
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Enjoyed our weekly meal out yesterday (used voucher to get 2 meals for £10.00) and brought about half of C's pizza back home as he couldn't eat it all and it was too nice not to keep. It's in the freezer now so that'll be lunch for him one day next week! Caught up on the election results when we got home.
    Today is another lovely day. A little windy but sunny. We're just off for a walk to Lidl to take advantage of their weekend offer. Washing liquid and foil. We use loads of both so hoping to stock up.
    Today I'm grateful for the continuing good weather and having a long gossip with my son last night.
    have a good weekend.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I haven't managed a NSD yet! Little spends all week on coffee, not good. I'm hoping for one this weekend - either today or tomorrow depending on when we have to good food shopping. I've not spent any money on lunches though so that is a plus!

Today I plan on blitzing the house, it's relatively tidy as I've done flylady this week but it could do with a good clean. If I keep on to of it it shouldn't take too long.

Not much else to report really, I was going to meet up with some. Erynold friends I haven't seen In Years today but we've rescheduled for next month so that should keep costs down.

I'm grateful for remembering to regularly update my budget, for the weekend, and the tablets that are really helping my dogs itching/skin as his fur is starting to grow back on the hot spots. He suffers from atopic dermatitis and it can be very difficult to keep on top of it this time of year. I'm also grateful that these new tablets aren't steroids, so seem a lot safer too.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • ChasingSunshine
    Options
    Need to read back and catch up. Busy few days so not been online. NSD expected today but low spend yesterday.

Today am grateful for some good weather, budgets staying on track and lovely catch up chat with my dad today.

Will aim to check in more often for the next week
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    Waves hello.
    I kind of stepped out of April's challenge as I had a lot of things going on. I am signing up as I am trying to save enough money. I will sign up for 10nsds though starting tomorrow. Hopefully If that is okay.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Waves hello.
    I kind of stepped out of April's challenge as I had a lot of things going on. I am signing up as I am trying to save enough money. I will sign up for 10nsds though starting tomorrow. Hopefully If that is okay.

Of course, I'll allocate you a number :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • Needhelpsaving
    Needhelpsaving Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I haven't been online for a couple of days, but have set myself a target of 12 NSD's for May.

I have had 3 NSD's so far. A food shop for next week needs to be done tomorrow and next week will be mainly NSD's due to having a lot on at work.
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening :)

Hey all. Yesterday ended up being a spend day as I treated people at wok to a nice coffee (I know - BAD) for being so supportive around my car. However - today was an NSD, and I have re-done budgets <again> to include funds for a replacement computer next year, and a new holiday fund.

Today I am grateful for:

• A beautiful walk around where I live
    • Seeing lots of swallows flying over me
    • Doctor Who on tonight!!! :D
    Today = NSD number 3

In other news - my healthy eating seems to be going pretty well - I will do some more batch cooking tomorrow I think, and another walk (as gym is too far away to walk to). Night all x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts