Parcel left in porch - considered delivered?

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Not only will you lose the case but you won't be able to leave any feedback. Far better to try and convince the seller to help you dispute the delivery. If they didn't help, at least you could have left feedback.
  • Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 May 2017 at 5:13PM
    The below is what the seller messaged me in text form.
    I bought this on late sat night 6th. Does anyone reckonise this style of tracking?
    For the seller to win the case does he have to load up offical tracking linked into to the ebay system. The seller does not want to appear to want to load up tracking via the listing?

09/05/2017 11:33:00 Left securely in porch (93448913)
    09/05/2017 10:30:00 Preadvice Update (0285296096685)
    09/05/2017 10:29:00 Order placed
    09/05/2017 09:04:00 Due to be delivered today (0285296096685)
    09/05/2017 05:31:00 On its way to the courier (00000CK3X119X1500600)
    09/05/2017 05:26:00 On its way to the courier (0285296096685)
    09/05/2017 03:45:00 At the customers local depot (00000CK3X119X1500378)
    08/05/2017 21:44:00 At the national sorting hub (WARRINGTONSORTER1)
    08/05/2017 21:43:00 Missing Pre-Advice (WARRINGTONSORTER1)
    08/05/2017 21:43:00 At the national sorting hu
  • theonlywayisup
    The seller will need to upload the tracking info to the case. Did you buy this from outside the UK (the US perhaps?) It looks like a GSP tracking from the US to the UK.
  • theonlywayisup
    If it is GSP - the seller won't have the tracking himself until it appears on his dashboard, it is generated from GSP, hence why you might think he is reluctant to add it. The seller will be protected, but you should appeal the case and have a thin hope that Ebay will reimburse you, particularly if you stress it was left in a location that doesn't exist.
  • Nesty
    edited 13 May 2017 at 5:28PM
    The seller will need to upload the tracking info to the case. Did you buy this from outside the UK (the US perhaps?) It looks like a GSP tracking from the US to the UK.

He was stated as a UK seller. I don't buy items via GSP or via other countrys EBAY. I'm quite strict on that issue.
    The delivery stated is all too quick IMHO. Nothing would really move UK wise until the Monday morning postage wise and first Tuesday morning on a £20 item it arrives. It just seems suspect to me.

Could this be via Amazon Prime by any chance?
  • theonlywayisup
    I'm not sure what you mean about being too quick. I use RMT and our parcels that leave here on Monday are delivered Tuesday. Likewise if we use the new Shutl service, the UPS deliveries are delivered within 24 hours of dispatch.

I understand you may not wish to share, but if you want to, the item number may help others see something you may have missed?
  • Nesty
    I'm not sure what you mean about being too quick. I use RMT and our parcels that leave here on Monday are delivered Tuesday. Likewise if we use the new Shutl service, the UPS deliveries are delivered within 24 hours of dispatch.

I understand you may not wish to share, but if you want to, the item number may help others see something you may have missed?

It's not longer active, as I had the last one!
    Thanks
  • theonlywayisup
    That's a big item to have been left in your porch.

The postage says RM 2nd class. I can't see the postie marking it 'left in porch'.

The fact the seller has unlawful T&C (you can change your mind within 7 days for a refund less P&P) would have alerted me at the outset. They clearly aren't going to be helpful.

Other than send them an LBA (letter before action) I am not sure what you can do, other than continue with the case, fight it and appeal to Ebay. Then if nothing happens, open a Paypal case - it will end in the same way with you losing and then proceed with a chargeback if your payment provider will allow it.
  • Nesty
    edited 13 May 2017 at 6:13PM
    Thanks for looking.
    This is no way gone royal mail. I know my postie well. He is very good. This has not been sent by RM. In fact I doubt it's been sent at all!

I went for it as the item laid flat. Hardly, any recliners do (well none for that price). I know the quality wouldn't be all that, but it was just intended to be a minimal use chair, which I suppose it is, as it's minimal not ever seen chair now!
  • theonlywayisup
    It looks absolutely fine, but regardless, you've paid for something and it hasn't arrived. The director of the company is mid 20's and has had several Directorships, you would think he would be savvy enough to help but some just "pile em high". I would be appealing eBay, then Paypal and then if you can't get a chargeback initiated, go for an LBA. When he realises you won't go away he may actually do what he should be doing now. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure