The Poundworld bargains thread

Comments

• sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,614 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    one of our large empty units, in town, is being turned into a poundworld - i can't wait to go and have a nose around once it is open!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Heinz Sandwich Spread - about 35p cheaper than T#sco

Frozen paper plates etc

Dylon Travel wash tubes
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    I would love a Poundworld in our town. The only slight disappointment from them is that their bulk buy AA batteries - 'Powercell Super Heavy Duty' - are about a third as efficient as the Kodaks from Poundland.

One Poundworld product that I haven't seen in Poundland is the plastic hair dye bowl with brushes.

I use this to split my 50ml Aldi hair dye in to two batches. You cannot mix hair dye and keep it but you can pour out half of the colour and developer into this bowl and mix it in the bowl. You can also use every scrap out of the bowl, which is near impossible when it is mixed in the bottle.

Aldi's range of colours is much better than that of the pound shops, which is why I use theirs.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Yeah, I got a few of these today as well. Such a good deal
  • LaoCapon
    LaoCapon Posts: 58 Forumite
    I was in my local Poundworld yesterday and they had a load of American sweets in, including:

Reese's Pieces 113g, £1.00
    Hershey's Cookies & Creme 5 pack (63g), £1.00
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cup 5 pack (yes, 5!) £1.00
    Nestle Wonka Nerds 141.7g, £1.00
    Lucky Charms Cereal Pot 49g, £1.00
    Stay Pufft Marshmallows 170g, £1.00
    Reese's Sticks King Size 85g, £1.00

This is so, so much cheaper than elsewhere!! This was in Hale Leys Shopping Centre, but I asked a shop assistant and she said they should have them in all stores - I know US sweets & chocolates are so in at the moment, but in speciality shops you pay £££!

I'm definitely going back to Poundworld for my sweets, haha.
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I got some beauty stuff:
    Herbal Essences Bee Stronger Strengthening spray for hair, there was a hydrating one too in the store,
    Maybelline pure BB mineral base.. it is in the colour light and is not at all orange as most generic BB creams are, it's my perfect winter colour, very neutral and finally Loreal Studio Secrets Universal Pigments that you can mix in with face cream to make a custom foundation or use it to darken foundation.
    I can't see how this could be universal as it is quite orange, but it's ok as my summer colour when mixed with the BB cream. .. my town has only just opened a Poundworkd and it is great fr beauty stuff , I think they are overtaking Poundworld for their range of beauty stuff!
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Joanygq
    Joanygq Posts: 107 Forumite
    OMG, Local Poundworld now selling Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor , deep treament for coloured hair:j...so LOVE their hair range.
    Normal size bottle, that's 250ml. Only thing is that it's produced for the foreign market, hence different language on packaging, otherwise it's the same product. Bought 3!!
    HTH
    aussie1.jpg
    Thanks for the heads up on this one LondonGirl. Managed to pick up 3 in my local store, Belfast Boucher Rd. Well chuffed.
  • My local Poundworld had some great things in when I went today:

Twirl Bites, 109g £1.00
    Boost Bites, 108g £1.00

Baby Spot Double Knitting Yarn in blue, pink and white, 50g, £1.00 each (thought this was really good, as it was so soft, and really nice colours, looked proper luxe, and will make a great gift when I've knitted it up!!)

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow, £1 - I couldn't actually believe this, it was real branded Rimmel eye shadow, and only £1 - I snaffled myself a load! They also had Maybelline mascara, Rimmel blusher, loads of branded stuff, all only £1. So impressed.

Frozen 3D swirl Straw, Elsa or Olaf, £1. I bought this as a present for my niece, really good quality especially considering the price.
  • OMG, Local Poundworld now selling Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor , deep treament for coloured hair:j...so LOVE their hair range.
    Normal size bottle, that's 250ml. Only thing is that it's produced for the foreign market, hence different language on packaging, otherwise it's the same product. Bought 3!!
    HTH
    aussie1.jpg

I hope I can get some of these tomorrow, what a bargain! Even if I just bought some in Boots at 2 for £7 :mad:
  • seen this week large helmans mayonnaise £1 each they are £1.89 in tesco and that a reduced price
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure