Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Comments

• ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,218
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    greent wrote: »
    Accept it and then buy her something for her new house - practical like new tea towels? - or something indulgent like a lovely bouquet of flowers the day after they move?

Or provide take away on move in day?
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £300/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £14473.17/£22787.04
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    ajmoney wrote: »
    Or provide take away on move in day?

Oooh - good idea!!! :T
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OH poor DS he must have been disappointed. Glad to hear the loft work has started. Hang in there with the moneysaving - at least you have money left in the grocery budget which is more than I can claim!
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,894
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone :) I am still undecided but I know she won't accept a takeaway, stubborn :p I think it will have to be a present for the new house. I am insisting on helping move in though whether she wants me or not, it's a huge house that's been empty for a while so will probaly need a good clean.

Today was my little brothers birthday and parents anniversary and dad treated us all to a meal at cosmos- all you can eat of many different world foods, plus roast dinner, pizza and tons of other stuff, I still feel a bit icky now and we went at lunchtime.:o

Just tried to bid on some slimming world books on fleabay as I'm too tight to join , but got outbid. I know GG follows sometimes , does anyone else have experience of sw? I am veggie so any type of diets can be awkward. Maybe its the big lunch but now is Definatly the time to stop eating and drop a couple of dress sizes, I am currently a 14 and really want to be a 12 in any shop, I think a 10 is optimistic for me.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, I'm off to check my flyladying to do list for the morning.:A
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    SW green days are really easy for veggies :D x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    Forumite
    Up early and 3 loads of washing done already. I think early starts might be the best way to get on top of everything when I start work, just need to get used to going to bed early.

To do list:

Christmas shopping check- who have I bought for already

Work out a revised op plan as the last few months will go on the loft bathroom and carpet.

Batch cook spag Bol as mince on the turn

Flyladying....kitchen today

Take back yet more jeans I bought ds2 that don't fit

Make today's op of £1.16

Do all washing / ironing

Fridge rummage clean and meal plan

It's feeling a bit autumnal here today which I have to say I LOVE , the bread maker is on there are Xmas cards in the shops already, it won't be long before its :santa2:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Can't advise on green days on SW I'm afraid - I like my meat too much :(
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Not C yet. People live too far ahead of the day. Got the Autumn show of colours first, then Halloween, then Guy Fawkes, then and only then, can the run in to C start. I don't even like using the word until then!
  • newgirly
    Forumite
    Sorry southerndave :p if it makes it any better we have a countdown to Halloween up in the kitchen too :rotfl:

Definatly not following any diet so far this week as I went for a girls curry night last night, it used to be the Tuesday lunch club but everyone is too use lately to meet up. But will start today and try and do it but eating homemade food in reasonable portions without snacking, rather than the milkshake diet I was going to do again.

Today is the first day that the kids are all at school/college for the whole day, so I am staying indoors and working on some mortgage figures, I've been intending to do it for a while but never seem to have the time. Back later with plans :D
  • newgirly
    Forumite
    Up early again today as its my first day working for dh :eek: well training anyway :p I have a feeling I will not be paid though! To start I will train one day a week and then start properly in a couple of months , when of course I will get paid :T

I should get the tube but am going to drive as I would have to pay station parking of £8 a day odd plus fares, my family think I'm mad but with no traffic its 25 mins away (not sure about rush hour though) so I'm giving it a go.

I did a mini aldi shop last night £13 I am so in love with that shop now, I am never going back to shopping regularly at the big four. This mornings breakfast is cinnamon bagels 79p for 4.

Yesterday I spend ages looking at the finances , we have transferred £9,500 from the 25k loan to a 0% cc now the balance has gone down to just over £14k . I was going to op it every month as the rate is higher at 6.29% but you have to write off ,send a cheque etc. so I'm tempted to let it run its course and it will end June 2017 around 3 years early.

For the sake of tidiness I could budget to clear the 15k odd cc's at the same time (0% obviously) and it would leave almost enough in the budget to go repayment on the mortgage if I extend the term to the max we can go to of 24 years.:eek: we currently have about 8 yrs left , however its academic as we could never clear it.

I've not included any wages I will get in the equation as I might be useless and not taken on :o plus if I do I need to pay for the trip to disneyland Paris next year, only a few hundred has been paid so I need to find £821 for the balance plus we would like to do the meal plans where all meals are provided at restaurants of your choice around the park and hotels another £640 which is quite eye watering for 4 nights, but its kind of our mini holiday of a lifetime :rotfl: oh, plus we need ferry fare, petrol and spending money. I think that lot will wipe out a fair bit of wages next year.

On the plus side I have been doing well with the grocery budget, last night was roast dinner and tonight dh has a chicken and chickpea stew with the leftovers. Plus a few homemade loaves this week,although not good for the waistline.:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback