Loccitane bargains

2»

Comments

• merrydance
    merrydance Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just a warning. I am having a terrible time with this company. Phoned up as my order had not turned up. Very unprofessional on the phone, answered the phone "Yeah" - I said is this the one pound on line store - yeah came the answer. My heart certainly sunk then. They have taken the money for my order from my credit card, and there is no record of my order, gave them the transaction number. I have emailed them and they are not longer responding to my emails. I know I can get my money back through charge back on my credit card. But very frustrating and bad customer service.
  • Shereen
    Shereen Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I ordered l'Occitane from this site, and the order was delivered quickly and safely, the l'Occitane products look like they're aimed for the Brazilian market. There was a problem with one item in my order, so I emailed them. They replied quickly and resolved things. I'd be happy to order from them again.

Thanks to Shazu for the heads up.
  • merrydance
    Glad you had good customer service - seems to be hit and miss - as per Abbie's comments above.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2017 at 1:29PM
    surely they're fake?

I don't think they are, they appear to be for the most part discontinued ranges (if you look on ebay and amazon for example, these ranges are also for sale by other sellers). I agree also that all the ones I bought are branded L'occitane au Bresil.

http://group.loccitane.com/brands_bresil.aspx?l=en

I bought quite a few of these products from the onlinepoundshop, they arrived well packaged and very quickly.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I ordered several of these items last Thursday and they were delivered (well packaged) on Saturday by courier. I'm not bothered that they are L'Occitane Bresil, they smell gorgeous and will make excellent stocking fillers for my daughters. I ordered several of the lip balms, aguape shampoos, conditioners and spray hair shine bottles and was pleasantly suprised that they were all full size.

Very pleased - thanks to Shazu for the heads up.
  • bethansmum
    bethansmum Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I ordered some L'occitane with some other items to justify the postage. I received my items with a postcard saying as one or more items were not available they were sending me a £1 credit voucher for use next time. If I wasn't a refund to contact them. I had not received a confirmation email at time of purchase detailing what I had ordered, or any details of what was missing. I was able to check as I had screen shot my order before sending it and there were 3 items missing. Needless to say I have emailed to ask for full refund..it's not so much the value but the sneaky way of doing things.
  • I've just ordered 15 products! If this is genuine then it's an absolute bargain, paid through PayPal so if there is any problems, I will be able to raise a claim through them. Fingers crossed there won't be....

(Just to say I haven't been on these forums for years! First post I read and I've spent £20 already ��)
  • I received 6 full size L'Occitane products, £11.95 including postage. Show me the shop where you can get L'Occitane at that price!

The Brazilian labels are not, in my opinion, as nice as the European labels - they look a bit cheap. However, each bottle has the L'Occitane name, in raised letters, on the side; and the products smell just as lovely. The instructions for use are also printed in English (beneath the Portugese). So what's in a label - it's just packaging! It's a quality product inside.

Pound Shop online were speedy and efficient - all my order was processed, within a day of ordering. Have to say, the Hermes delivery service that they use was not as good! The parcel was with Hermes for four days - and took two days for them to deliver it, even after tracking service said it was out with the courier.
  • merrydance
    Glad I'm not the only one having problems. No confirmation email for me and foolishly didn't take a screenshot. The amount has definitely been taken from my credit card, so will have to wait for that to arrive and send them proof. What a palaver. Customer services hopeless, do not want to know. I guess some people have been lucky, I haven't.
  • Doody
    Doody Posts: 122 Forumite
    I've been lucky. I had confirmation emails and the goods arrived in less than a week. I was starting to worry there. I also had credit notes in the box but the refund into my paypal account was done without me having to contact them. The shampoo and conditioner for curly hair are very good quality but I'm not very enthusiastic about the smell. I've not tried the spray on shine stuff.
    'Get Brexit done' is a lie[
    "Your deal won’t get Brexit done, Mr Johnson. It gets you to the start line, and then the real tough stuff begins"
    Betty Boothroyd
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport