PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Purple sprouting?

13»

Comments

• Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Remember also that purple sprouting broccoli is the healthiest vegetable on earth, a notch up from ordinary broccoli. The beta carotene content, protein, enzimes the antioxidant galore and the mysterious anti-cancer properties of the brassica family are present in massive quantities in this vegetable.

Making broccoli and other vegs of the same family a staple of our diet is one of the best OS steps we can take to maintain good nutrition.

I think I have almost the same fervour for broccoli that Ted Hutchinson has for Vitamin D :D
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • moanymoany
    moanymoany Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    When I buy this all I cut off is the tiny end where it was cut off of the plant. If the stalks are thickish I make cuts up them so they steam evenly. It is our favourite veg. Now we have an allottment we can grow next winters and we wont have to pay the supermarket prices.

p.s. have you tried kale - yummy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport