Cooperative bank PPI claim

Hi! can anyone help please?

In order to claim we have been given the impression from the coop bank website that we have to fill in an 8 page questionaire for the financial ombudsman. I have read it and will do it if I have to, but I don't recall seeing or hearing anywhere else that I have to do this.

Has anyone else or have you just submitted the letter as suggested by Martin Lewis etc.

Is this a stalling tactic aimed at putting people off or is it a necessity?

Thank you.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    In order to claim we have been given the impression from the coop bank website that we have to fill in an 8 page questionaire for the financial ombudsman. I have read it and will do it if I have to, but I don't recall seeing or hearing anywhere else that I have to do this.

The questionnaire asks the key questions which allow your complaint to be answered quicker. If you dont fill it in they are likely to come back to you to ask you those questions.

So, whilst a letter will register your complaint, it doesn't mean they will not ask you things.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • soccermom
    soccermom Posts: 294 Forumite
    So the questionaire is standard for everyone then, is that right?

I Appreciate the response thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport