“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 November 2017 at 6:02PM
    I do actually have loads of soup in the freezer :o I really don't have a valid excuse for not getting anything :o I will this evening though. I think I need someone to keep in my ear about it :rotfl: Force feeding me :rotfl:

I still feel really rough :o smalls are finally fed, we've read books and they're in the bath. I feel awful like I'm not making enough effort with them :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Of course you are. You do an enormous amount with your little ones. Nothing at all to feel guilty about. In fact, you're to be congratulated. Now promise me you'll go have something to eat and start taking care of yourself - for their sakes if nothing else. xx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi WF, I found you again only a few days ago, but been too busy to post.
    The way I see it, you have fed your children, spent time with them reading books and they are bathing. Please don't feel that this is not enough... there are many children (in even just this country) who won't be getting anything like this tonight... all whilst not feeling tip-top yourself! You are amazing!!
    And I echo "being kind to yourself" - we are not designed to run on nothing... well, I'm not especially! lol
    *hugs*
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    You're a fantastic mum to your kiddies, never think that you're short changing them you're most definitely not xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Dont be so hard on yourself.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Your doing a brilliant job as a mum, never think otherwise.

HAVE YOU EATEN?
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • WannabeFree
    Smalls all tucked up and sleeping (I wish I was :rotfl:)

Just going to finish the cleaning and iron the uniforms/polish the shoes.

I haven't eaten yet :o BUT I am feeding their dad so will grab some toast why I'm in the kitchen anyway ;) No excuse not too considering I'll be stood in their either way!

Need to remember to go in and book smalls Xmas dinner at school tomorrow and pay! Very last minute :o They also want money to see Santa at school (£9 :o) I can't say no though.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    9 quid to see Santa.
    What a blooming rip off.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    beanielou wrote: »
    9 quid to see Santa.
    What a blooming rip off.

I know :o But I feel bad saying no. But then the Xmas dinner (£2.50) We have the Christmas Fayre which will no doubt cost. Non uniform day Friday £1, They will all have a nativity I'll need to buy a ticket for I can't miss them and I can't go to one and not the others :o They will do the pantomime it's a fortune! Especially now there's three of them needing it :o
  • helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I haven't eaten yet :o BUT I am feeding their dad so will grab some toast why I'm in the kitchen anyway ;) No excuse not too considering I'll be stood in their either way!

Why are you feeding their dad?
    Need to remember to go in and book smalls Xmas dinner at school tomorrow and pay! Very last minute :o They also want money to see Santa at school (£9 :o) I can't say no though.
    £9 to see Santa at school?! This should be funded by the PTA, that's ridiculous!
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills