Esa50 renewel ... worried and stressed

Comments

• Thankyou again Alice .

I have referred to atoms report in section 11 and 13 ?

Would you add extra info that the doc is unaware of my behaviour problems , anger etc because it has never been discussed or asked if me and I find it extremely hard to admit to this or just say nothing on the matter ?

Many thanks
  • As for the diary do you mean something like this

1/9/17 - burnt hand on hot pan . Smashed cup in anger
    2/9/17 - didn't get up all day
    3/9/17 - left cooker on all day and abusive to carer ......

Many thanks
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 September 2017 at 1:17PM
    Yes - worth adding that caveat.

Re diary - Yes, that's fine. It gives you examples to tell the assessor (rather than forget them in the stress of it).
    Also you could attach a typical week's diary to your ESA form as additional info (unless you have already covered these examples in the relevant sections).

Your carer could also write a brief letter as evidence around the ESA descriptors, which could go with the form.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • baxie
    baxie Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Daisy2017, just popped in to wish you luck with the forms. I know what you are going through as my ESA50 form arrived the other day.

As you have discovered there are great people on this forum and they will answer your questions.

Taker care.
  • Thanks

Have completed the form to the best of my ability with so much help from the people from here ( thankyou all ) ... going to give it the last check over this weekend and then send off Monday .

it’s a reassessment I think ... and my circumstances haven’t changed , if anything they have deteriorated . Am I right in thinking it could be months till I get a decision or appointment for a f2f ? As don’t they send these out 6 months before renewel ? I don’t actually know when my claim was due to be reassessed as I Don’t have the original esa letter
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 September 2017 at 10:24PM
    Daisy2017 wrote: »
    Thanks

Have completed the form to the best of my ability with so much help from the people from here ( thankyou all ) ... going to give it the last check over this weekend and then send off Monday .

it’s a reassessment I think ... and my circumstances haven’t changed , if anything they have deteriorated . Am I right in thinking it could be months till I get a decision or appointment for a f2f ? As don’t they send these out 6 months before renewel ? I don’t actually know when my claim was due to be reassessed as I Don’t have the original esa letter
    I'm afraid it's like saying "how long is a picec of string" Times vary accross the country and depends on the backlog in your area. I've not heard of them sending those forms out 6 months before renewel. Good luck!
  • Still not heard anything ....

Panicking and stressing is making me so ill

Do you think I should give them a call ? Or just try and wait it out ?
  • I waited for 10 months last year for them to decide where to put me. I phoned them up twice and my form had been held up at Medical Services so I phoned them. They told me that they were waiting for my GP to respond to their letter... which the GP never actually got.

Out of the blue in November last year I received the letter telling me that I was staying in the support group.

I guess what I am trying to say is that sometimes it takes them a while. But yeah, give them a phone - at least you’ll know which part is dragging their feet. I didn’t want to phone and rock the boat either but at least I was able to find out that the GP hadn’t received their letter and tell them that.

Hope it works out!
  • Daisy2017 wrote: »

My ESA50 was due back on 20/10/17, I sent it on the 10th, it's a reassessment after over 2 years in the support group. I've just had an assessment appointment for december 13th. I live on the south coast, I expect all areas are different though. I hope you get sorted out soon. Good luck.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Daisy2017 wrote: »
    Still not heard anything ....

Panicking and stressing is making me so ill

Do you think I should give them a call ? Or just try and wait it out ?
    Some people are waiting over 6 months for a re-assessment, the amount of time you've been waiting isn't long.

There's nothing you can do about it. Why would you want to ring them? You're being paid your money and that's the main thing. If a decision doesn't go in your favour your money will stop. No one wants that to happen.

There's backlogs in all areas and this adds to the waiting times for assessments and decisions. Try to relax.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure