Valiant and Worcester Boiler Quotes

mae
mae Posts: 1,511
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi I need a new boiler because ours is old and has broken the last few winters and also to accomadate a new extension we will be having next year.

So we have had 3 quotes (all local small firms) and I'd appreciate any guidance before we make a decision which one to go with. All quotes include fitting (doesn't need to be moved as its in the garage) and includes magnetic filter and vat. They will be using existing controls.

1) Valiant ecoTEC plus 424 open vent boiler £1800
or Valiant ecoTEC plus 430 open vent for £1900.

2)Worcester Bosch 24Ri regular boiler £2085

3) Worcester 30cdi £2695
or 40cdi £3195

The house is a 4 bedroom detached and we will be adding a ground floor extension on the rear right across the house with under floor heating.

Comments

• Alex1983
    Alex1983 Posts: 958 Forumite
    Your talking about boilers with very big variation in output ranging from 24kw to 40kw. To make the boiler efficient it needs to be close to its maximum. It’s not really a question of price. You need to know the requirements in kw of your house and make a decision based on that. I’d personally pick a Vaillant model.
  • mae
    Forumite
    Alex1983 wrote: »
    Your talking about boilers with very big variation in output ranging from 24kw to 40kw. To make the boiler efficient it needs to be close to its maximum. It’s not really a question of price. You need to know the requirements in kw of your house and make a decision based on that. I’d personally pick a Vaillant model.

Yes all three have come and looked at the property and seen the size of the planned extension and all have come back with recommendations of output that are very wide in rage which confuses me more :o
  • Alex1983
    Do you know what your requirements are?
  • mae
    Forumite
    No I dont understand the whole thing really haha which is why I asked three to come, so they could see what we have and also show them the plan of the extension so we would need to factor that in. We don't want a combi boiler.

We have an unvented indirect cylinder upstairs for the new bathrooms.
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I was reading the latest Which magazine. Both the Valiant and Worcester make decent reliable models but the Worcester was by the far the best over all.
  • Alex1983
    You need to find the kw’s required for your house, do you know the output of the underfloor heating?
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,410
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    . I’d personally pick a Vaillant model.
    I'd personally avoid Vailant
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    I was reading the latest Which magazine. Both the Valiant and Worcester make decent reliable models but the Worcester was by the far the best over all.

The Worcester has 5star reliability, the Vailant 3star!

'nuff said?

:)
  • Alex1983
    You keep believing which, I’ll keep repairing boilers.
  • mae
    Forumite
    You need to find the kw’s required for your house, do you know the output of the underfloor heating?

No I don't we are only at the stage of knowing we will be having about 45 sqm of underfloor heating
  • Alex1983
    How many radiators do you have or will end up with?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure