Lifetime ISA with switched HTB ISA Bonue

Hi All

Just wanted to check this before I go back to my provider. I have just recieved a mail saying that i have been successful in getting the full governement 25% bonus for my lifetime ISA for depositing £4000.

The issue, is I have switched my HTB ISA too, so I should have the 25% bonus on £8054 (I had £4052 in my HTB ISA), which is currently sat in the lifetime ISA. I am correct in assuming this right, as per the switching in of HTB? Just want to ensure I get the full ammount entitled.

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You can check with them but you should get the 25% on the whole account balance assuming you have not contributed more than £4k this tax year across your LISA and transfered HTB ISA. I assume you HTB balance at the end of the last tax year was 4052?

Alex
  • Tom_Hendo
    Tom_Hendo Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes that is correct, It may have been a generic mail they sent and for people like me it will have different circumstances. I'll contact them and see what the beef is

And yes my balance as of the end of tax year last year was just above £5042 and didnt add anything from tax year end onwards.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport