Mortgage free asap

Options
1235»

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Sorry about the tooth. Ouch on pain and spends!

I think keeping money saved as ready cash is an excellent plan, you can effectively offset it against the mortgage but if you hit a snag you have cash available.

Hope you get what you want at discount village ( and a few things you need at cadburys :p)

Bexster:)
  • Tjh1412
    Tjh1412 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    So misshapes fell into my basket :o and I managed to get everything we needed for the house. In other money news, I got offered a second job today. It means working 7 days a week :eek: but will be a good boost to the OP fund, and a chance to get the extra experience I need for hopefully a future promotion.
  • Tjh1412
    Tjh1412 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    So I finally get to post as promised the 6 monthly round up :T, not expecting any massive wins as furnishing a home is expensive but will be good to see where we are.

Start of mortgage
    £121,500 owed
    £9.63 average daily interest
    Now
    £117319.91
    £9.49 average daily interest :eek:
    £892.97 OP so far :)

Overall I'm quite pleased with this, it isnt quite the £1215 I wanted to have OP'd by this point :o but my dentist bill is the only reason we didnt hit the target :(
    Good to see the daily interest now under £9.50, next target here is under £9.00 by the end of the year. With my new weekend job I'm hoping for a £500 OP every month, plus TT and survey sites etc. to top up fo fingers crossed I will make it.

Horrible rainy weekend day so now I'm going to get the Chicken casserole out of the slow cooker, make myself a cuppa and put my feet up with Netflix. Hope everyone is having a good weekend
  • Laura&Ben
    Options
    Your doing really well
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills