EasySaver Card with 7.5% instant discount + any other brand discount? Anybody?

Options
2»

Comments

• martinski99
    Options
    I've had one of these cards for years, use it all the time so I usually load a few £100 on it. Then one day it was declined as it had expired and with it so had the balance. They don't remind you despite saying on their website that they will (funny that), so just be careful.
  • 1marjorie
    Options
    I used my card to buy a Dyson vacuum cleaner from Argos recently that was already on offer, saved nearly £15 on top but downside is, if you return an item they can't refund on card, you have to accept gift vouchers instead from that particular store or any other store you buy from.
  • 1marjorie
    Options
    The easy saver card can be used in almost 100 different shops (not supermarkets) but can be used in Iceland. If you print off the shops you can use the Love2shop Card in then I think its the same. I have separate reloadable cards for Sainsburys 5% and Asda 4%.
  • jennyd1975
    Options
    I've got one, ive got an auto top up of £10 each month on it through work. Works perfect, I tend to spend it on Boots or Wilkinsons and its great to suddenly find ive got £50 save up for the odd bits and pieces.
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also had mine for years which again is a work perk as previous posts mention. I Mainly use mine at Wilko and Iceland, again as another post states sometimes you can get assistants saying they don't take it when they do, they've just never seen it before!
    The other frustrating thing is as the gift card isn't aligned to any one store the balance isn't stated on the receipts so it can be hard to keep a track on the remaining balance; there is a balance checker and transaction history on the love to shop website but it's a bit of a pain getting the card out to check the number.

As one of the earlier posts mentions though, just be careful and keep an eye on the expiry date as there's no advance warning with it. I lost some funds a couple of years ago which I did get back eventually after ringing them loads of times and battling it out with them - they realised the flaw in their system and that there was an issue even though it is mentioned in their t's & c' as there's no email giving advance warning of the expiry date approaching and the website still allows you to top up so close to tge expiry date with no advance warning.
  • Nottheo
    Options
    I have one through work. It works for a number of retailers and has so far being okay to use. Down side is:
    - cannot use online
    - retailers often have to be persuaded to swipe it as frequently they!!!8217;ve never seen it before
    - some retailers used to accept it as a form of payment for gift cards but no longer do so
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure