JSA/ Universal Jobmatch

Options
I just signed on for benefits for moment as I have just left my job. This is my first time on JSA and I'm having trouble with the Universal Jobmatch site. How exactly am I supposed listed down jobs I've applied for since I tend to use Indeed and TotalJobs more since they offer more jobs than the Universal Jobmatch site does.

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nalyak wrote: »
    I just signed on for benefits for moment as I have just left my job. This is my first time on JSA and I'm having trouble with the Universal Jobmatch site. How exactly am I supposed listed down jobs I've applied for since I tend to use Indeed and TotalJobs more since they offer more jobs than the Universal Jobmatch site does.
    Try a pen and paper?...
  • Nalyak
    Nalyak Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Try a pen and paper?...

Thanks for telling me that man:money:... I would never have thought of pen and paper. As a matter of fact what is pen and paper?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nalyak wrote: »
    Thanks for telling me that man:money:... I would never have thought of pen and paper. As a matter of fact what is pen and paper?

Well clearly not, given your question.....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    From my job centre days in 2013 time, I remember indeed was pretty favoured by the job centre then or maybe the advisor was just more savvy and I was lucky. In fact I think that is who I remember learning of indeed through in first place.

Personally I don't mind Jobcentre site as least it gives an option to 'poke' the employer when you can click the request feedback button!!! not really an option with others just yet. I quite liked the daily log part which was pretty useful and where you can add notes of other site activities which I believe was how the Jobcentre used to like it anyway.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There should be an option to add actions or jobsearch activities which aren't linked to advertised jobs.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Nalyak
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Well clearly not, given your question.....
    Have you ever been on JSA before? If you had you would know they alllow you to list down the jobs you've applied for on Universal Jobmatch. You don't need to try be a smartass if you don't know the situation. Obviously I know I can use pen and paper...
  • Nalyak
    Options
    There should be an option to add actions or jobsearch activities which aren't linked to advertised jobs.
    Yeah exactly, most the jobs on Universal Jobmatch are bad and limited where as Indeed tends to have a lot, plus not everyone will be able to listen down everything in the Work Plan when the page is tiny and needs to last for 2 weeks.
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    edited 24 March 2018 at 9:39AM
    Options
    When you sign up to the universal jobs site thingy (Its been a long time) you can manually enter activity from other sites in your profile section of the site, your adviser will show you where it is.

As long as you record the Job, Date Applied and the Job Ref number (All copy and paste) then you will be fine. No need for pen and paper to be honest.

Good luck finding a new job, my experience applying was not pleasant but rent forced my hand, fortunately my first meeting with my adviser was to tell them i had found another job.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is no obligation to let DWP staff anywhere near UJM. You don't have to give them access if you don't want to. You have to register with it, but no more than that. I didn't use it because it's just a terrible site, and I much preferred Indeed etc.
    As long as you can evidence job searches in other ways, there shouldn't be a problem. Although some job centre staff will tell you otherwise - I had to be quite assertive in refusing them access.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Nalyak
    Options
    When you sign up to the universal jobs site thingy (Its been a long time) you can manually enter activity from other sites in your profile section of the site, your adviser will show you where it is.

As long as you record the Job, Date Applied and the Job Ref number (All copy and paste) then you will be fine. No need for pen and paper to be honest.

Good luck finding a new job, my experience applying was not pleasant but rent forced my hand, fortunately my first meeting with my adviser was to tell them i had found another job.
    Thanks for telling me that and I hopefully I can find a new job ASAP as I don't really want to be on it, but as you said rent has forced be to be on it for the time being
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure