Application woes

I've applied for two different 0% transfer credit cards today, one with Halifax and one with Lloyds. Both applied for through the links on moneysavingexpert.

Both were accepted, I set up Direct Debits, and was in the process of registering online banking, when i was greeted with exactly the same message.

"It looks like something's gone wrong"

No way to get out of the process other than pressing back or getting rid of the open browser window.

I'm guessing its an IT problem, as I used a different computer for the second application.

However, my worry is now that I won't be able to apply again for 30 days. And I was hoping to free up some funds on my present credit card.

Is anyone else having any issues applying for these cards through the moneysavingexpert website?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Why would you want to apply again?

It seems you were accepted, and the system then crashed during the online registration.
  • Well I've rung Halifax and they say they can't see any sign of the application.

I've received two emails from both Lloyds and Halifax stating their terms and conditions, but it looks like the application has stalled before finalising the agreement.

My worry is that it specifically says on the application, don't press "back" on your browser as the application will be cancelled and you'll need to wait 30 days again to apply.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,979 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    How did you set up the direct debits?
  • The application asked if i wanted to use the same bank details as I provided for the credit check.

I ticked a box with the direct debit guarantee, and it went onto the next screen to setup online banking.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Delgado wrote: »
    Well I've rung Halifax and they say they can't see any sign of the application.

I've received two emails from both Lloyds and Halifax stating their terms and conditions, but it looks like the application has stalled before finalising the agreement.

My worry is that it specifically says on the application, don't press "back" on your browser as the application will be cancelled and you'll need to wait 30 days again to apply.

When I last applied for a Lloyds cc I received 3 separate e-mails titled;

'Your credit card application was successful'
    'Credit Cards - Email 1 of 2 Pre Contract Credit Information'
    'Credit Cards - Email 2 of 2 - Adequate Explanation and draft CCA'

Did you get any of those?

I wouldn't worry about call centre staff not seeing your application. If you are certain you were accepted and set up DD details, then just go to Halifax/Lloyds websites and register for online banking.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • I've only received:
    'Credit Cards - Email 1 of 2 Pre Contract Credit Information'
    'Credit Cards - Email 2 of 2 - Adequate Explanation and draft CCA'

I haven't received the next one for either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure