SLA No Water

Was wanting advice on if i'm entitled a reduced accommodation rate due to the boilers being condemned in a SLAM Block and 3 blocks on camp now have no hot water for at least one month, we've been told if we want a hot shower we can go to another block. We're paying £80 a month for a room with no hot water and have to walk 10 mins for a hot shower.

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 May 2017 at 2:32PM
    I've been retired for a while now, and so I'm not up to date with the latest regs.

However, I can see that SLA accommodation is still charged according to grade, with 1 being the best (dearest) and 4 being the worst (cheapest). Your £80 per month sounds like grade 1.

It's a long shot and you'll probably be told 'no', but have you tried asking if your accommodation could be down-graded for the time you are without hot water?
  • chazzie83
    chazzie83 Posts: 56 Forumite
    I've been retired for a while now, and so I'm not up to date with the latest regs.

However, I can see that SLA accommodation is still charged according to grade, with 1 being the best (dearest) and 4 being the worst (cheapest). Your £80 per month sounds like grade 1.

It's a long shot and you'll probably be told 'no', but have you tried asking if your accommodation could be down-graded for the time you are without hot water?

Thanks i will speak with accommodation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport