Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    tweets wrote: »
    Mum doing ok I got bro , neck brace , hair and bank statement not adding up right moans today :D

I showed her god knows how many times that last 6 monthly bank statements finished and started with same amount but she still said they wrong. I gave up in the end before I went :mad: at her.

If she didnt moan you would deff think something wrong:rotfl::rotfl: didnt realise she still had her neck brace:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    What about these?

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=Muller%20Light%20Fat%20Free%20Greek%20Style

They say 'No added sugar', so I suppose only contain natural sugars.
    I dont like greek yoghurt:o
    Tinasmummy wrote: »
    Bubbs I don't like yoghurt:(

I went to NHS dietician after my diagnosis, like you I didn't have any symptoms and it was only diagnosed when I was rushed to hospital with suspected ovarian cancer. I was so ill that the diabetes was secondary.
    Went to see the NHS dietician and after an exactly 30 min appointment she then informed me that even tho she hadn't
    answered all my questions, the appointment was over!!!

I went to see a private dietician and followed her guidelines to avoid all low fat foods, so I use full fat butter, I don't like full fat milk so use semi skimmed but full fat cheese etc. She advised that lots of low
    fat products are replaced with sugar........a real shock to me.

I also had to give up my one big love, Diet Coke and fizzy drinks, tho sugar free the artificial sweeteners play havoc with my blood sugars. I was broken hearted as I love Diet Coke.

Diabetes not good but better than what was suspected, i go diabetic nurse monday so will see what she says, so how are you supposed to loose weight if you dont have low fat? Thats why i asked about yogs as lots are low fat but full of sugar:eek:
    Hope i can have my pepsi max:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Tinasmummy
    Tinasmummy Posts: 107
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    3Dogs wrote: »
    And wait no more. Meet Emily - 2 year old Rommie rescued from gypsy camp as a 8 week old and brought over to Uk about 18 months ago. With me now to foster and assess:

sll6he.jpg

This was her at the shop this afternoon:

2f0d4p5.jpg

She has a lovely coat and delicious eyes, slim legs, lean long body and long tail

Awww isn't she lovely tho she does look sad.
    god bless you 3 dogs for taking her into your home and giving her a second chance.

can I ask do you think she will be a foster or will you be tempted to keep her?
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    If she didnt moan you would deff think something wrong:rotfl::rotfl: didnt realise she still had her neck brace:o

That's true lol :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yes still got neck brace think she next visits Salford about neck last Tuesday in March . Even that keeps changing was April then she got another letter fetching it forward.
  • Tinasmummy
    Forumite
    I dont like greek yoghurt:o

Diabetes not good but better than what was suspected, i go diabetic nurse monday so will see what she says, so how are you supposed to loose weight if you dont have low fat? Thats why i asked about yogs as lots are low fat but full of sugar:eek:
    Hope i can have my pepsi max:eek:

yes very true, it turned out to be a huge fibroid 7lbs in weight but I had other problems including a hemaglobin level of 3 when it should have been 14 so I was very poorly. I had to have a hysterectomy and was off work ill for nearly a year. Being so ill the weight just dropped off so I didn't have to diet as such. I was in hospital for weeks and hospital food is awful so that alone helped with the weight loss lol!!

THe dietician told me to eat the fat on meat. apparently fat takes longer to digest than sugar so slows down the process of carbs turning to sugar.

I got lots of great info on the Diabetes UK website, including the tip if you want chocolate then have some but perhaps straight after dinner with lots of veg or salad rather than have a bar with a cuppa in the afternoon in isolation, it will make your blood sugar soar immediately. WIth protein and veg/salad it won't spike as much.

Anyhow now I really am rambling, sorry Bubbs:)
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    From dark side
    ASDA little angels nappies - all sizes £1.94
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    Tinasmummy wrote: »
    yes very true, it turned out to be a huge fibroid 7lbs in weight but I had other problems including a hemaglobin level of 3 when it should have been 14 so I was very poorly. I had to have a hysterectomy and was off work ill for nearly a year. Being so ill the weight just dropped off so I didn't have to diet as such. I was in hospital for weeks and hospital food is awful so that alone helped with the weight loss lol!!

THe dietician told me to eat the fat on meat. apparently fat takes longer to digest than sugar so slows down the process of carbs turning to sugar.

I got lots of great info on the Diabetes UK website, including the tip if you want chocolate then have some but perhaps straight after dinner with lots of veg or salad rather than have a bar with a cuppa in the afternoon in isolation, it will make your blood sugar soar immediately. WIth protein and veg/salad it won't spike as much.

Anyhow now I really am rambling, sorry Bubbs:)

Blimey, you have been through the mill xx
    No not rambling because i need to learn and appreciate peoples help xx
    Yes i have looked there but really waiting till i have seen the nurse Monday
  • Tinasmummy
    Forumite
    Blimey, you have been through the mill xx
    No not rambling because i need to learn and appreciate peoples help xx
    Yes i have looked there but really waiting till i have seen the nurse Monday

Yeah suppose I have but I'm absolutely fine now and have no diabetic probs so I'm sure you will be fine Bubbs.

I hope you have a better experience with the nurse than I did.
    You will no doubt notice if you frequent the dbuk boards that lots of folk are very scathing about The NHS and their methods of coping with the disease. The NHS advocate a very carb based diet which doesn't suit lots of diabetics who like me prefer low carb high fat.

Anyhow Bubbs hope it goes well on Monday, will check in to see how you got on with the nurse:)
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Oh Sarah .....things are still bad?:o

Thinking about you and hope you can see some light at the end of the tunnel soon:A

Yes still bad :( he just doesnt understand what he is doing or done, he not sorry at all.

He is grounded, phone off him, in with Head 24/7 at the minute. He came home friday and was complaining he had horrible day at school and he is bored , oh what a shame I said not like I bought any of this on you is it, your decision to do what you done.

He will learn.
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503
    Forumite
    edited 18 March 2017 at 8:46PM
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Keep an eye out in Mr Shoes for RTC sun care as it goes through buy one get one half price :money:

EC919F68-D9C0-4BCF-9A9F-0F1B2AA3E6FE.jpg

Also quite a few tights/hold ups/knee highs etc were in clearance 75% off in my local.

Evening luvlies

What a bargain, well done :T
    From dark side
    ASDA little angels nappies - all sizes £1.94

Hiya bubbs :wave:, I got some of the size 4+ today for the babies at that price. The younger one is in 4's but I'll just pull the tabs a bit harder :rotfl:

So sorry to hear about your diabetes, I'm sure you'll get it under control soon and the food you choose to eat will become second nature. My mil also has type 2 and she's adapted really well :)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport