Washer Dryers and Kitchen appliances

In line with the theme of the website, could the nice people on here please recommend any:

- Washer dryers up to £350 with at least 2 or more years warranty (longer the better). Expecting daily usuage of about 2 - 3 times

- Kitchen appliance bundles (Toaster, Kettle and Microwave). Key is really just long warranty here..again due to heavy usuage.

Many many thanks!!:beer::j

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Washer dryer used 2/3 times daily is unrealistic. The dryer can only dry half a full load, so you'll have maybe a 3 hour gap between washes, while you wait for 2 dryer loads to go through. Much better to buy separate machines.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • cem
    cem Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    yes ok but I only have space for one machine so it needs to be a washer dryer
  • ryder72
    ryder72 Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You are very unlikely to get a decent quality washer-dryer for £350.
    Your best bet may be to buy something and see if you can get an extended warranty all for under £350. I very much doubt if this is possible.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    cem wrote: »
    yes ok but I only have space for one machine so it needs to be a washer dryer

If you have a house put the dryer in a garage/shed or in another room that is not used. Make sure you get one without the flexitube that removes the steam so look for self condensing I think there called.
  • If you have a house put the dryer in a garage/shed or in another room that is not used. Make sure you get one without the flexitube that removes the steam so look for self condensing I think there called.

^This. We've just got a washer dryer (although we spent a lot more than £350) and the dryer function is pants. The model we went for was highly rated for drying too. Far better to have a proper dryer even if it needs to go in the shed.
  • Try to buy a clothes horse/airer, to put some of the wet washing on. In winter just do extra spins, then put washing on the airer. Dryer issue, is your bathroom large enough to get a condenser dryer in?
    Washer dryers are not as good as a individual washing machine and dryer. I had a Hotpoint washer dryer, and the dryer was rubbish.
  • CKdesigner
    CKdesigner Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi

Got to be honest with you, £350 for a washer dryer is completely unrealistic. In fact £350 for just a washing machine used 2 to 3 times a day would also be completely unrealistic as any machine at this cost would only last you 2 to 3 years if you're lucky.

I have been in the industry for well over 20 years, and at home we put our washing machine and dryer to a similar usage as you are describing. There is only one brand we have and would ever have, and yes it washes better than every other make, and is more economical, is quieter, more reliable, but the main reason above all others why we only have this brand is that it produces washing machines that last many times longer than any other make and because of this it makes this make cheaper in whole life costs than any other make!

And this make is - Miele. Anything else is a compromise and will cost you more!

CK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport