cancel lovefilm

Comments

• singledaddy
    singledaddy Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post
    its cos you've got a disk out.
    set the alarm for 6am and cancel online.
    find a deal....pass it on :beer:
  • annable
    annable Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Reverbe wrote: »
    always always call and confirm even if you do it online and make sure you do with 5 days or so before billing date. take the customer services persons name too

I did it online and they charged me for next month, just because a I didn't confirm it by phone call! :(
  • Crazyangel wrote: »
    Cor blimey they are quick to send the next DVD!!!
    Just to confirm - can you cancel the trial whilst you still have a disc? I am trying to cancel online although it looks like they have posted my 3rd disc this afternoon (must have been as soon as the one I returned dropped onto their mat!). I can't see a link to cancel - it takes me to the telephone numbers, and so I'm wondering if this is because I still have a disc or whether it's because it's not late enough in the evening yet..........

No you have to send all the disks back first. Once they are all sent back, delete all the dvds on your list even your reserves and then cancel later on at night, you dont need to phone them and it only takes two minutes to cancel. Hope this helps.
  • Crazyangel
    Crazyangel Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Managed to cancel online at about 1am through the link, and last disc arrived today. Account is cancelled but won't be fully cancelled until they receive the last dvd. :)
    Thanks for the advice guys.

Wins : McCains garden games set, 2xTickets to Alton Towers, Links of London friendship bracelet, 2xIdeal Home Show tickets, McFly album CD, Virgin Balloon flight for 2 with a case of ScrumpyJack cider and 2 ltd edition jackets, Powerboat racing experience, £50 Virgin voucher, Aerobie Pro flying ring & Rice Krispie squares, Tesco baby pack
    :j
  • GweekyRocks
    GweekyRocks Posts: 32 Forumite
    I have just been charged again despite cancelling in time. Their excuse was a technical issue.

The sort by facility on lovefilm is pretty useless. The choice of films you can watch free online is dire. I much prefer having the range and convenience that sky offers. Not to mention the pvr facility which means you can "keep" a film for many months.

I was unimpressed with Lovefilm before they helped themselves to more of my money they were not entitled to. Now I have nothing good to say about them.
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 June 2011 at 10:43AM
    I have just been charged again despite cancelling in time. Their excuse was a technical issue.

The sort by facility on lovefilm is pretty useless. The choice of films you can watch free online is dire. I much prefer having the range and convenience that sky offers. Not to mention the pvr facility which means you can "keep" a film for many months.

I was unimpressed with Lovefilm before they helped themselves to more of my money they were not entitled to. Now I have nothing good to say about them.
    Gweeky are you serious??There is a huge choice of types of films that can all be watched free as part of your package including popular tv shows.I dont know what your personal taste is of course but there seems to be something for everyone.

The sort by is just fine. I have top titles and medium and ones I really dont care when they send. They have never in all my years with them sent me a bottom list choice and only rarely sent me a middle choice one. The thing with Lovefilm is its a great thing for ppl who love films.for those who have only a narrow choice or for some reason have only a tiny list of films perhaps better to rent as one offs, pay as you go or get from your library etc.

IN 2 years with lovefilm I have rented over 700 titles and never had any issues with choice. Yes i do have an eclectic taste and genuinely adore movies in general but I have never had any major problems with them. As for helping themselves to your money I do not know your circumstances but they are a reputable firm with top class customer service in my experience and I find a lot of ppl on MSE with issues against them usualy have not cancelled in enough time etc.As I have advised on this board before when you cancel DONT just do it online and expect it all to be ok. If accidentally paying another month is THAT big a deal to you, do everything you can. CALL them, take the advisors name, confirm your cancellation by phone, make a full note of when you cancelled online including date and time, in addtion to date and time when you spoke to the advisor confirming your cancellation and if things still go wrong then you can escalate this with full details to back you up.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    annable wrote: »
    I did it online and they charged me for next month, just because a I didn't confirm it by phone call! :(
    anna sorry to hear this but for piece of mind when money in concerned always call just to cover yourself. They answer calls quickly and will only take a couple of minutes of your time.I'd do that with anything I was paying for.
  • Yes Reverbe I am serious. I cancelled in a timely fashion over the telephone but thank you for your dismissive and slightly patronising post.
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 June 2011 at 1:54PM
    Gweeky sorry you felt my post was slightly dismissive and patronizing. Obviously you didnt get the correct tone in which it was written which was sheer shock that you found a website with top class customer service and a library of thousands of dvds lacking in that you say you were faced with a dire choice. Again I admittedly dont knnow your personal taste but from my experience of Lovefilm over several years I know that they do not send you anything you havent personally picked on your list, any priority is set by yourself and 3rd choice dvds are never sent in my experience and there are literally thousands of films and other dvds to choose from and a wide selection to watch online as part of package. To see you state that the choice was dire and you couldnt find anything to watch quite frankly baffles me and boggles my mind when trying to work out your personal taste.(which of course you are entitled to as you are entitled to have your own opinion)I think I just couldnt recognise your description of Lovefilm as being the same service/company as the one I have dealt with over the years.

EDIT just done some research and your "dire" choice of watch online currently is as follows. in the watch free with package option alone there are
    535 action/adventure
    396 kids
    1238 comedies
    1662 drama
    411 horror
    525 thriller
    1738 TV series.

Not exactly a handful of titles to choose from. You must really have narrow tastes indeed to not find anything in there to pick.
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes Reverbe I am serious. I cancelled in a timely fashion over the telephone but thank you for your dismissive and slightly patronising post.
    You seem to have cherrypicked here from my post incorrectly. My question were you serious was referring to your statement about lack of choice and not to your cancelling issue. You do not appear to have addressed that or my comments in your reply while taking apparent offence where none was clearly meant..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport