PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 December 2012 at 2:03PM
    LameWolf wrote: »
    the little "To Do" tray on my desk.

*sigh* Anyone who has a 'little in tray' is super-organized. Thank you Lamewolf for Dog's good vibes - she's very tired after what happened, but fully functioning - which makes a nice change. I heart my vets and all the vet nurses who got her through. They couldn't get her to eat any of the food they had available during her 24 hour stay at the vet hospital, so they went out and bought fresh fish - she wouldn't even touch that. She is the very devil to feed, so every meal is a major victory. (Ever seen a dog on a bad opiate trip? Not pleasant to see.)

I've managed two and a half hours on the house and am a tad tired, but some areas a bit less grubby. I've topped it off by chucking a microfibre cloth down the loo with the dirty floor washing water though, so I'm going to take a bit of a break.

At some point I am going to have to deal with the oven. Tips please on a duck fat spattered space that hasn't been sparkley for, ooooooh, let's see ..... 15 years (ahem, hangs head in true shame and humulity). I know it'll never look like new again, but I'd like to be a bit less ashamed of it. Any tips for the sequence I should adopt for the series of swishes and swipes required?
    Better is good enough.
  • sabs10
    sabs10 Posts: 213 Forumite
    Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One -Done

Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway
    Level Three - Done
    Extras
    Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Have managed to get a lot done from the list,plus the following

steam mopped the living room floor
    dusted all the living room
    touched up the window sill as covered in claw marks from the cats
    WM x 2 loads

Sitting down with cuppa & lunch. Then a trip to the loft to get down the decs yippee

"Life's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get" Forest Gump
  • macpep1
    macpep1 Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all

Thanks for the lists this week Dusty, I am in again this week, was still flying last week, just not getting a chance to post, have been plodding my way through the ironing at night, I think my basket will be empty by the end of this week if I keep doing a bit every night, although DH’s is full, he does his own! My tree does not go up until 13th, this is going to be fun this year with the kitten! I hasd people over for a bite to eat on Saturday after DD had finished her snow queen duties so place is still looking ok

Level One
    Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs
    :TGratitude is the best Attitude :T
    Long Term Flylady
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Now then!

My windows weren't too bad so just given them a microfibre polish rather than the full works. Have hoovered around and even the stairs :T and even used the cloth on the bannister and spindles. Go me! Hoovering included tools so the skirtings are also "va-va-voomed".

Need to make some lunch, so kitchen dailies will have to wait until later, and I did manage to make the beds when we got up and dressed this morning.

So, we are looking goooood and all ready for some xmas decs, practically speaking. I'm not sure my head is ready for them yet, though.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Good afternoon :D

I am in this week, thanks Dusty for the lists :T
    I have had a head start & crossed off afew bits already. the stairs were swept & hoovered on Friday so they are ok. DH cleaned the windows in the LR & DR on Saturday, and the bannisters were wiped yesterday. And I don't have any cards to post overseas :D The tree and most of the decs are up. This is at least a week earlier than usual.

I have spent the morning trying to declutter the DR of surplus toys. I have put away the baby toys, and they can go into the summerhouse (my toy store) until I have another baby to look after. i am also in the process of putting other toys & games in boxes/baskets so they look tidier on the shelves. I need to make up laminated picture labels for the boxes so that children know what is in each one (it's on my Toot's list :o)
    I have stopped for lunch. Miss T helped me put together some boxes (cardboard ones from Ike@ that fit the unit), so we have been working on her fine motor skills ;) She then spent quite some time glueing jewels & stuff on a crown :)

I think I need to finish what i was doing, as I can't see the DR table, and I need to use it later :eek: Anyone up for HHC in about 5 mins? (I am going to make a quick cuppa before i start)

Hugs, sticks and spoons to those that need them, and lots of good luck vibes for Dusty's friend :)
  • Oh thank goodness other people's weeks (and months!) went to pot! :rotfl:

Lisa x

...can I join the 'week went to pot' club :o
    Sweating like Grand National horse after all that mopping

nice image :eek::rotfl:
    Anyone up for HHC in about 5 mins?

I'm late but I'll join you... off I go!
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • How did you get on Bonnie?

In my HHC I took ebay stuff upstairs, sorted & put away a bag of donated craft stuff, put assorted child-related gibble in a box and put box on shelf, put some books & rolls of paper in the cupboard, and cleared away most of the remaining stuff from the table. There is only some paperwork/books etc to put away now, which can be easily done at dinner time. there is also a very gluey crown which is drying on there. Some feathers have been added that I found in the donated bag. Oh, and I also took a small child to the toilet :p Not too bad. Just finishing off my tea & having a breather before the school run, and the chaos that follows!
    I am going to update my list now, as I have munched a few frogs today :D
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    afternoon all
    thank you for the lists Dusty (and Natty) last week went to pot here as well
    hope all are well
    will be trying to catch up this week as tree is going up at the weekend (would have gone up last week if it wasnt for youngest going to scouts winter camp)

Level One

Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

my stuff
    get tree and deccys down
    1 hours christmas cross stitch each day m t w t f
    get pres sorted for step mum and friend that needs posting
    sort out final bits to get over to mums.
    make pudding!!!
    sort freezer
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • So far today I have changed 2 beds and done the resulting washing. I shall be having words with DS as I have cleaned up a load of mould from the far side of his bed!

Been to the paid stuff (14 days till the holidays - can u tell I'm hacked off with it?)

Back via aldi but have picked up loads of their frozen berries and natural yoghurt plus other fruit.

have made and decluttered lunch for me and the DDs. DD2 has gone to work. I have also washed up.

Just finishing my post lunch cuppa - then it's off to sort some ironing....
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • In my HHC I
    • emptied DW, cleaned filter, reloaded & set it off again
    • unloaded TD, folded towels & put away
    • put WM on a clean cycle
    • tidied kitchen
    • meal plan done
    • rubbish out
    • recycling out
    • soup slurped

I'm off again for another HHC at 3pm if anyone wants to join me? There is a LOT of clutter in the hall...
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure