PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 April 2017

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh valli that's sad :( no advice I'm afraid, some people ever believe their own lies. Perhaps stay away from the blog, although I know you can't unsee what you already read:( xx

We need to get dressed and go to the post office. I've packed their bags for two nights with grandparents so just need to ignore the bickering until then :rotfl:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    DW emptied, bunny out. Kitchen S&Sd
    NO longer following him on FB

going out in a hour!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Morning all,

Thanks very much for the list Natty. I'm only working one day this week (hooray!) so going to pay more attention to the lists.
    Valli have a good day out, put BIL out of your mind if you can.

Today I WILL:
    DW
    WM
    Make beds
    Swish and Swipe bathroom
    Take stuff to chazzer
    Tip run
    Take girls to park
    Run with dog
    Plus ALL the list.

Wish me luck!
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Duckydo wrote: »
    Good job it's kitchen tomorrow as I'm currently up with a post seizure dog, so will definitely need to do the floor when it's light as he's drooled all over it.:(

*Healing vibes* for the dog, Duckydo.

(((Hugs))) Valli, and well done for unfollowing him. I hope you're having a lovely day out.

Clearing urgent paperwork before I crack on with the listy.
    Better is good enough.
  • smiley_77
    smiley_77 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    I am new to this thread. I would like to get into more of a routine with cleaning so it is less of an ordeal. I tend to procrastinate as I get overwhelmed by the enormity of the task in hand. I am going to do level 3 in the kitchen with 15 minute declutter. Am working from home today so it should be doable if I do it in bits.
    Do I really need it? Probably not.:A
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Welcome, smiley :)

I'm now a bit irritated - I know it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, but it would seem the person who bought DS trains bundle is one of those who sells them on as separate items. I had thought it was someone buying for their own kiddie :( feels a bit disingenuous :( I suppose fair play to them, they have the time and make the effort to resist them all, but, well, meh!

I've even considered now just taking the rest of the (unwanted) toys to the Banardo's centre. At least they won't over-charge so someone should get a good deal, plus the charity obviously wins too. And I'll give the kiddies some money as to how much we'd get selling at a carboot. Pfft.

Have wiped down all the kitchen cupboards, and counters. Have vacced all over but not mopping till littlies have gone. Will go make them some lunch now (we have milk and marge lol)
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Valli have a good day out
    Bossy take then to the charity shop or you sell them as split bundle and let your lad had the money to do some thing useful with

Hospital appointments done
    WM done
    Stuff on lin e drying, other stuff brough in as it is dry
    Shopping done
    Post office done
    Now going to et on with the rest of it .
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 April 2017 at 10:52PM
    Arrgh just done a huge post and lost it. Will catch up with thread later, been a busy morning but children have all helped.

If its gone, its done already...
    Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level Two
    Clean oven and hob
    Wash windows and sills
    Level Three
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Degunge the fridge!
    Extras
    Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    HHI

I was wiping down the microwave and decided to clean the inside, was pretty scary, still needs work but looking better. 2 loads washing done, yesterdays washing folded.

Ok, Oven and hob!! Its disgusting!! what/how do you all clean yours?

Right off to do the floor and table, window will have to wait for DH.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Welcome Smiley 77! :wave: I've just embarked on the annual tax thing while it's a tadpole rather than a fullgrown frog which just goes to show how much I procrastinate over housework!

Bossy, I ebayed some stuff a few years ago and buyer behaved very badly about something. I was so cross, upset and worried someone else would do something similar I trotted the rest down to the local Hospice shop. It made me feel a lot better and the Gift Aid statement at the end of the year made me feel faintly saintly. I now very rarely sell stuff.

Today is the first day of bliss, when the sun is shining and it's hot, and the laundry basket is already empty. *sigh*
    Better is good enough.
  • kazmeister
    kazmeister Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello ladies,

Thanks to all those keeping the thread running, it is appreciated.

I've been awol again despite saying back in probably January that I was needing to fly again. I'm afraid the intensity of full time work and college assignments got the better of me and nearly broke me at one point but I'm here now, with a week off work (apart from Wednesday) and I will fly.

Today so far has been laze around, late breakfast, wash up and wipe down in kitchen, arrange DD's trip to Norwich for Mac lesson and contact Papworth re date for procedure. Then a quick walk into town with the intention of doing the kitchen list when I got back. Alas DD now 18 :eek: and pal were making pancakes so the kitchen looks worse than when I went out. DH has been hoovering but is useless and only does the fluff he can see so hopefully by the end of the week I will have the house looking a little better.

Heading to kitchen now, have 45 minutes before I have to go to the dentist, then I need to get back for a Dr's call so not much rushing round.

Seems like you need a hug Valli and anyone else in need too xx

Welcome too to Smiley :D
    Mortgage, we're getting there with the end in sight £6587 07/23, otherwise free of the debt thanks to MSE help!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure