Myhermes issue..

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Janey33 wrote: »
    It might have done.
    It was several wax bars.
    I don't understand why they've said its been posted and not just posted it! So frustrating :mad:

They maybe have posted it but through the wrong door number/street.

Have you perhaps asked neighbours if any of them have received it?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Janey33
    Janey33 Posts: 25 Forumite
    They maybe have posted it but through the wrong door number/street.

Have you perhaps asked neighbours if any of them have received it?

Iv asked my immediate neighbours. Not sure I want to bother too much further down the street. You'd hope that they'd drop it in if it came through their door by mistake
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Try the same number as you in the next street. DPD did that to me last week and I'd thought they were the most reliable of the lot.
  • Janey33
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    Try the same number as you in the next street. DPD did that to me last week and I'd thought they were the most reliable of the lot.

We live on new build estate.. that could be one of about 6 different streets!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    We live on new build estate.. that could be one of about 6 different streets!

OK. So that's about twenty minutes work to knock on six doors.

The sooner you start, the sooner you'll be finished.
  • Janey33
    wealdroam wrote: »
    OK. So that's about twenty minutes work to knock on six doors.

The sooner you start, the sooner you'll be finished.

To be honest don't fancy dragging my twin 2yr olds around this Sunday afternoon!
    And also when iv paid for postage Id hope it would be delivered to my door and id not have to go in search of it.

Thanks for your input
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    To be honest don't fancy dragging my twin 2yr olds around this Sunday afternoon!
    And also when iv paid for postage Id hope it would be delivered to my door and id not have to go in search of it.

Thanks for your input

OK, just sit and wait for things to happen then.
    After all, you've paid for it to happen.

Your choice. Good luck.
  • I have had this issue withhermes for ages they leave parcels on the doorstep without bothering to ring the doorbell I often find parcels that have left on a Friday afternoon and have been on the step till Monday also there are parcels I have never received and paid for and have to wait for a refund. Are Hermes the worst delivery company?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Have you been back in touch with your seller? As a seller myself, if we have a disputed delivery we make the claim and refund the buyer. Hermes do make mistakes, all carriers do. You've just got to hope your seller will give you the customer services you now need.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Open your letterbox and check inside for a slip from Hermes, we had a delivery last week that they had hid in an obscure place that we would never have thought to look in. They had posted a slip to say where it was but it was just a flimsy piece of paper that didn't come all the way through the letterbox. We had mail for three days that didn't push it out and eventually a package from Amazon dislodged it and it came throught. It had been screwed up inside for three days with our package in a "safe place" all that time. Wouldn't have been so bad if they used cards instead or at least pushed the slip all the way through.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure